The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keeping this in mind:

<span style="font-style: italic">"As a member of the Board of Governors of the National Shooting Sports Foundation, I have been working, in good faith, with Reed to find a compromise to allow the show to continue at the caliber to which my fellow exhibitors, manufacturers and the more than 200,000 attendees have come to expect," Keffer wrote on the store's Facebook page.

<span style="font-weight: bold">"After nearly a month of discussions</span>, which concluded (Monday), I believe a compromise will not be reached."..........

......As of (Monday) afternoon, as far as I was concerned, the door was slammed," he said.

Reed officials did not immediately return a reporter's phone calls for comment Tuesday.</span>

http://lancasteronline.com/article/local...tdoor-Show.html

Sportsmen of the Mid Atlantic States have been played for over a month...

Each and every advanced ticket sale was a sham. Reed had no intention of providing the bill of goods advertised.

Worse, they caused significant harm to their exhibitors by not forewarning them of the coming change. These exhibitors expended money, took out loans, or otherwise committed to purchases and time to build inventory for the historic high sales the show provided.

A classic flim flam scheme. A bait and switch.

Sportsmen have an immediate recourse.

Copy and send this email, and or modify it / create your own to the Governor and the Pennsylvania Attorney General.

Governor, Attorney General Kane,

You may have heard the controversy concerning the decision of Reed Expositions to unilaterally ban the display of tactical weapons and high capacity weapons at the Eastern Outdoor and Sports show this year. That was announced to the exhibitors about one week ago. A few days later, the general public found out about it as a complaint by a exhibitor employee who would be affected via an online website.

On January 22, we learned from a member of the Board of Governors of the National Shooting Sports Foundation, in this article http://lancasteronline.com/article/local...r#ixzz2IksdUT48
that Reed Expo had made this decision a month prior to the almost accidental public disclosure. Even though, In November, Reed had a press release touting a new tactical weapons hall at the show.

In the intervening month, Reed purposefully, knowingly, and diligently promoted, arranged ticket sales, strung exhibitors along, and generally misrepresented the show offering for profit and corporate gain.

I ask that an immediate investigation be launched to derive the facts of this deceit on the consuming public and those having been most misled and placed in a position of possible financial loss; the exhibitors.

Further, I ask that the business license for Reed Expo be seized pending the outcome of the investigation.

Further, I ask that the proceeds of this deceit on all parties be protected from being spent, or sent to the overseas parent office by freezing the bank accounts of Reed Expo to the limits of the law.

Last, I ask that as Governor, you issue an order to all state agencies and entities to withdraw from the Sportsman's Show.

Further, by executive decree, issue an order nullifying the contractual lease or use agreement between the PA Department of Ag Farm Show Complex Committee and Reed Expo. All within your executive powers. That order to serve and protect the public, the consumer, and others impacted or potentially impacted by the shoddy business practices, and potential fraud of Reed Expo.

In summary, Reed Expo perpetuated the illusion that the Sportsman's Show was being improved with the addition of the tactical Weapons Section, as advertised in November 2012. For over a month, Reed knowing mislead the public and exhibitors extracting advanced ticket sales and booth rental fees from them.

In my opinion, Reed Expo committed fraud not only on the consuming public in a grand scale, but sought to profit from that fraud. Your action, and the immediate investigation by the Attorney General's Office can stop this injustice and protect the citizens of this State immediately.

For you consideration:

Sign
Address
Phone

Use the following links to the Governor and Attorney General.

Governors email or call: <span style="font-weight: bold">717-787-2500</span>

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/ser...d=11&mode=2

Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General: Attorney General Kane

717-787-3391

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/contactus/

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Each individual - each of us - needs to taske a stand!

Two emails or two phone calls - send them...

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
E-mails done. Will call in the morning as well as pass the word to friends to do likewise.

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL!

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes - please pass this to everyone on your email lists. Facebook it also!!

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
Bluetick said:
Each individual - each of us - needs to taske a stand!

Two emails or two phone calls - send them...
So, when sending an email to the PAG, Which selection do you choose and then if a sub section is asked, which of the sub section do you choose?

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I chose commerce and then retail.

Don't get hung up on the small stuff - get it to the office. Let them sort it out.

Even if you are met with we can't do that - swap them. AG is big on consumer fraud - and that is indeed what Reed has been doing.

They have yet to pull or retract the advertising out there. There are all sorts of folks with advanced sale tickets still wondering if any refund is forthcoming.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Worked for me, but reinserted link anyway.

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
Guess you Pa. boys wont mind an " Out of stater " sending a complaint email to your govenor?
If not do me a favor and send some my way to Annapolis Md. We have a real jackazz for a govenor here in Md. who is proposing a worse plan than Obama. Our govenor Omalley wants to run for president in 2016. God help our country.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Motels and hotels have been turning away customers based on already reserved rooms by show attendees no longer coming.

Restaurants and other businesses n the surrounding Harrisburg area will also suffer a financial loss.

The depth of economic loss to the greater Harrisburg loss is actually staggering when you start thinking about the wide range of services and goods show attendees use during the show. Like the exhibitors, many of these businesses lay on additional staff or inventory to meet the expected demand.

Again, the 30 days that Reed withheld the news could have stopped the outlay of cash for supplies and material no longer needed.

Fair warning is all that was required. Simple respect for the communities within the walls of the Farm Show Complex and without. Instead, Reed withheld the decision for selfish corporate greed and self enrichment, as they are the only ones gaining financially from withholding the information.

Here, our state government needs to step up and take immediate action.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Sent 2 e-mails this A.M.

Made sure the new AG knew how I felt, in a civil manner, about tactical firearms. She does support a ban on "assualt weapons".

1 - 20 of 47 Posts