The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The briefing I got yesterday from my brother was that he landed 6 and hooked between 20-25 in the 2-3 days he was there ( he didn't see anything at the town pool hole yesterday morning and left around 10:00 am to come home.) So basically 2 days of fishing....
He said the fish were much much stronger than he has ever dealt with and he's been going up to the SR since his early 20's which would be over 30 years...
First time ever that he used a leader heavier than 10lb.
Obviously not the incapacitated mud sharks that are swimming around later in the season....
Definitely an experience fighting those very fresh fish with his spinning and fly rods.....
He caught a personal best King which he guess estimates went 35+ pounds while in the DRS on day #1....
There was no way he said he was hauling that fish up the steps so he revived the fish and let it back into the SR....For him to do that it must have been a big-in...
He also said the Coho's were out of their minds fast...Hooked two and landed 0 since they broke off before he could even start the fight... (This was prior to him switching to 12lb Maxima leader)....

Attachments

·
Registered
18,553 Posts
Thanks for the update. I'm going to take a ride up Sunday to fish for half a day. Let you know how I make out. I can make the river in about 2hrs 40min.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts