The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what muzzleloader will you be using in early muzzleloader season?
I will be using my cva wolf .50cal inline with hornaday sst sabots, triple seven magnum pellets, and cci magnum primers.

note this is not a debate I just am interested on how many people are hunting during early muzzleloader and what they are using.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
I'll be out, I use a cva optima 50 cal. and i use 245 power belt hollow points with 100 grains of 777.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Lyman 45 cal percussion with a .451 round ball,.015 pillow and 70grs of FFg.
Backup will be Lyman 50 cal percussion with a .490 Round ball,.020 pillow,and 80 grs of FFg.
If I could use my 11 ga double with round balls in the early season,I would.Law states I must wait till the rifle season.
(.715) 11ga on left. (.490) 50 cal on right.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
I'll use my Omega. If I happen to fill a tag early in the week, then I might carry my PA Hunter Carbine later on.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Elisabeth----my 54 cal LONGGUN!

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
My .54 cal. lefty Yorktown built by Brad Emig, with an 85 grain charge behind a .535 round ball wrapped in a .015 patch using Ballistol for lube. This will be ignited using a French amber flint supplied by my friend Bunky.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Hi Berks=====I was thinking about you today. I was doing a relocation of my BP stuff since we have been moving my daughter to her new bigger bedroom---I found 1 French Amber flint in mybox that I tried----They will always make me think of my friend Berks when I see those beautiful flints. Sad thing is the gun shop stopped carrying them in Bel Air MD?????? Guess no one shoots flinters south of the PA line.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Probably the L.Day Dutch smoothbore .62/20ga. Or the CenterMark fusil. Or the Bess! After the shot I can start using #5 shot and hunt squirrels the rest of the time!!
Smoothbores..whats not to like? Audie..the Oldfart..

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
T/C Triumph with pyrodex pellets and Powerbelt bullets.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I will carry my bow for fear that the one of a lifetime will trip over me. My .45 cal Winchester X-150 doesn't get past the range. That sucker rips though.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts