The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,791 Posts
New England Firearms Sidekick .50 inline. I am not sure where to go. I gave up my 2A tag this year for a 4A tag to go hunting up that way, but next Saturday I have a 2B. 1A and 2F. I was thinking 1A but not sure where to go except Moraine.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
I was gonna go out for doe this weekend, but my pheasant hunting buddy contacted me a couple weeks ago with a plan for a campout/grouse hunt in Loyalsock so I opted for that instead. Haven't been grouse hunting in years, and haven't played with the camping gear in a while. Plan now is to grouse hunt this weekend, then doe hunt next week after work a few times. I'll be taking the same gun as always, my TVM Lancaster flintlock in .54 caliber. Got a big doe with it last FL season. Will try to add another this year.

·
Registered
12,791 Posts
I was gonna go out for doe this weekend, but my pheasant hunting buddy contacted me a couple weeks ago with a plan for a campout/grouse hunt in Loyalsock so I opted for that instead. Haven't been grouse hunting in years, and haven't played with the camping gear in a while. Plan now is to grouse hunt this weekend, then doe hunt next week after work a few times. I'll be taking the same gun as always, my TVM Lancaster flintlock in .54 caliber. Got a big doe with it last FL season. Will try to add another this year.

Grouse hunting is great. I may do that as well while scouting for turkeys. So many choices and only 1 day!! Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,370 Posts
Looking forward to a couple of days next week in Tioga Co. I'll be hunting with a longtime hunting buddy, and we'll both be toting Brad Emig, Yorktown flintlocks. We're both 74, and won't be hunting miles from the truck. Our tailgate lunches and dinners at the Burnin' Barrel will most likely be highlights.:smile_big:

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I'll be in 3C next weekend with my Traditions Buckstalker. It's a cheap gun, but very accurate well beyond 150 yards with a 300-grain Hornady SST getting pushed by 95 grains of T7. This is my best opportunity to help my landowners out and get a solid start on my annual freezer fill. I'll still have a buck tag and a 5A doe tag to use the bow and flintlock later.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Ill wait til Monday when all the bozos are gone then I'll take the Lyman Trade Rifle out and sit in the blind waiting on a group I see every morning crossing the lane when I take my little girl to the bus stop.

·
Registered
9,849 Posts
.50 Cal T/C Encore for me. Hunting a buddy's farm in 2C who is getting his soybeans and corn mowed down by the deer.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Grouse hunting is great. I may do that as well while scouting for turkeys. So many choices and only 1 day!! Good luck.
Yes sir. My son is bringing his bow along as well, so after the grouse hunt he's gonna spend a little time going after a deer. The place we're going, you can hunt 30 yards from the campsite if you want to.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Im gonna archery hunt Saturday after wood duck hunting then next weekend going up to camp to try to knock a doe down. Ill be using my new tc strike, have it pretty much sighted in but wanna try a couple different combos before i settle be doing thay sunday to be ready for next weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'll be in 4A for my first inline hunt with my new CVA Accura V2. Heading back out for a three day hunt next week. Hoping to get some meat in the freezer so I can enjoy the rut.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I will be in 2F Saturday and all next week with my CVA Accura in-line .50 cal. Lookin for a nice freezer fat doe!!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Ill be using my tc firestorm flinter with 275gr tc maxihunters over 80gr 2f or my older traditions buckhunter percussion inline with 250gr hornady sst sabots over 80gr 2f. Also have a CVA Magbolt 150 that is sighted in using 350gr Hornady FPB over 90gr loose triple7, but that rifle seems like it weighs a ton so probably wont get used as I have a pretty good hike to the spots im planning to hang my climber.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Im gonna archery hunt Saturday after wood duck hunting then next weekend going up to camp to try to knock a doe down. Ill be using my new tc strike, have it pretty much sighted in but wanna try a couple different combos before i settle be doing thay sunday to be ready for next weekend.
Wow, that is a nice gun! Never seen that one before but I may have to put that on the Christmas list, lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts