The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 640 Posts

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are claiming to be getting short on cap money and wont be buying many free agents...Oh well, we'll see what happens....

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
Cutting ties with Connor Barwin will free up $8,350,000 cap hit. Jaison Kelice will free up $6,200,000 cap and $2,400,000 dead cap, and Mychal Kendricks will free up $6,600,000 cap money and $4,800,000 in dead cap.

Plus the NFL claimes there is a 17% increase in cap space around the league.
The Eagles were hoping to do something with Jason Peters salary but he will not agree to that.

Instead of looking or WR's and running backs they need to get better secondary

·
Registered
39,684 Posts
Does this mean the Eagles won't be the "Salary Cap Champs" this year?

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
Eagles seem to still be chasing Cooks from te Saints. They are willing to part with him for a price. They need d help so maybe a trade even up for Mychal Kendricks would interest them even up.
Eagles would need to get some sort of contract extension for Cooks since he only has another year on his rookie contract.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
HaHa.....saw that on the news.....Howie carried on like they just won the Super Bowl

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
They just need QB to stretch those WRs they signed. By season starts either Foles or Danials will be gone.

They cant afford ot be carrying that much guaranteed money just at the QB position.

·
Registered
39,684 Posts
Daniel's is gone. Eagles released him yesterday. Bennie Logan signed a one year deal with the Chiefs.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
been I busy start to FA.
they did more dealing then I expected them to do ,due to cap space.
i'm no longer worried about supporting wentz ,but the defense needs some attention.
and were outa money....

this will ,or should be a defense heavy draft
we need multiple CBs ,interior D line and outside Dline help and honestly could use LB depth
were almost at a point of not taking the best player available ,but instead taking the best defensive player available
I sure hope Howie did learn something during his sabbatical and leaves douglas do his job without interference.
I also hope douglas can do his job..

there's still time for cuts or trades to be made .
cap space will be made and a few late cheap signings to be had

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
I'm sure by the time draft day comes around Kendricks and Kelice will either be dealt away or released.
That will free up around 5.5M.

·
Registered
39,684 Posts
Maybe Howie wants everybody to see what a Super Bowl ring looks like.

I just hope this signing doesn't put the Eagles over the salary cap. I'm looking forward to the salary cap parade this year.

·
Registered
39,684 Posts
Eagles draft......

1. Derek Barnett-defensive end

2. Sydney Jones-cornerback

3. Rasul Douglass-cornerback

I like the selections. They needed help in the defensive backfield and they've appeared to get it. The Bleacher report gave the Birds an A- for picking Barnett. He broke Reggie White's sack record at Tennessee. Not bad. A good D Line will also help the corners.

They need a RB. The Bengals have Mixon, Hill and Bernard. I wonder if a trade for Jeremy Hill is possible? We will see.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
Jones will be a great steal when and if he get over his injury.
I would send him to a farm in Kentucky, breeze him till mini-camp next season and hope for the best.

·
Registered
39,684 Posts
Jones is only 20 years old, so not having him for a year is not gonna be a big deal. He is the steal of the draft. He was a top ten pick before his injury. He may play before the season is over but if not, no big deal. He'll play next season.

Those Achilles tears are a weird thing. I had a friend who tore his simply by throwing a pass in a touch football game. He stepped into the throw and then, rip, he was on the ground. He recovered nicely and that was 40 years ago.

1 - 20 of 640 Posts