The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I think we will find out it is a fraud. No one has reported anything to authorities about it.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"In folklore the eagle's ability to carry off prey, including children (e.g., the legend of Ganymede), has been exaggerated; even the powerful golden eagle can lift no more than 8 lb (3.6 kg)."
Hard to say whether this video is real or not

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Yhey said on the news there is no evidence either way yet, however they said the kid was not hurt, when eagles grab something in their talons, they hurt it.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
John S said:
Yhey said on the news there is no evidence either way yet, however they said the kid was not hurt, when eagles grab something in their talons, they hurt it.
Not saying the video is real or fake but it looks as though the kid is dressed in winter gear, assuming the eagle grabbed the kids thick winter coat then there wouldnt be any evidence of the talons on the childs body.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
If you had been there would your first instinct have been to take video or go after the eagle with the kid and stop it?

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
If that's fake then whomever edited it should get some kind of award....like a high paying gig in Hollywood!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
it looks real but I guess it could be fake. The guy was filming The Eagle unaware that it was going to attack the kid. his camera dropped when he realized what happened. if the Eagles talons caught the kids coat he may have only had some scratches that would turn up after he removed his coat.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I just heard that Obama created a task force to look into Eagle Control....Barnie Frank is going to lead it.....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts