The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just tryng to get some feedback from people who are using or have used Eagle Seed RR Soy Beans. I will be planting an acre of beans next to an acre of clover for next year.

So is it worth it? Lets hear the good and bad.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Sch Co is right and regular beans are not worth the money once you've had Eagle's. THe worst part of the Eagle's is the extra money.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I planted them for 2 years about 3-4 years ago. Planted about 2 acres in two plots and while they didn't get real big they didn't eat them to the ground real fast either. Not sure they were worth the extra cost of the seed and shipping was killer. I feel there is better bang for the buck out there.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I planted Eagle forage soybeans last year in a 1/4 acre spot that I wanted an annual before switching to clover. Agree with other posters. Deer need to be kept out of there in beginning stages of growth. They did eat them, but since such a small plot, they never had a chance to grow very big. One other thing: Have a plan to plant something in that area when soybeans are done and eaten. Mine were finished in august. That left area barren all through hunting season. I should have followed them with brassicas, but didn't have the time. Here are a couple of pictures from last year. Overall, not worth it to me. You may be ok with one acre if deer density is not to high. Good luck!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Should have said mine were done in mid to late september. Before hunting season. Probably too late for brassicas, but point was area with soybeans was not useful during hunting season.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts