The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Elizabethtown Beagle Club (Lancaster county)is hosting a rabbit hunt January 30,2010.Teams of up to 3 members can win cash prizes. Hunt at your favorite spot,field dress the rabbits and come to the club house for weigh-in. Dinner is included.
All teams pre-register by calling Tim Bishop 717-376-5002 or Jeff Munster 717-666-8008 or go to http://www.pabeagle.org

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't get your panties in a knot. I think Carlisle is far enough from Lancaster that we shouldn't pull anyone from your event.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Tom,

I am pretty sure Etown's Hunt was the same weekend last year. Did you see reduced numbers from the prior year.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Awesome...sign up to the forums just to @!#$% and moan. We were probably going to have a few groups hunting carlisle's but after all the crying we'll be switching to e-town.

·
Registered
39 Posts
No E-town was not this date last year. I have been a member on here for a while changed internet server had to change my e-mail address. I didn't know how to change my profile so i just made another one. You would think two sister clubs would not run against each other. That are in the same organization, (PBGA) that do not run field trail dates against each other Carlisle relies on this as one of thier major fundraisers for the year. every dollar counts. I just lost alot of respect for some of the e-town members.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Hey Tom, If you feel so strongly about this, I would suggest show up at their next meeting and show your displeasure with them interfering with "Your" date.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think I made enough noise on her the problem will be resolved for next years hunt's(I hope). You know both clubs lose using the same date. Carlisle would have sent some teams to their rabbit hunt and E-Town would of sent one or two to Carlisle. Just remember Lykens-valley rabbit hunt is the last day of rabbit season and Carlisle's is the Sat. before, it is been like that way for the last 5-6 years or so. OK enough said about it. Its Sat. morning time to go rabbit hunting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I'm the president at the Carlisle beagle Club.I really don't want the see any hard feeling between us and Etown.I t is a mistake.It does neither club any good running these hunts on the same day.I know for sure etown lost at least three teams from their hunt.Because they will be at our hunt.And i'm sure there will be teams there that would have come to our had it not been on the same day.These hunts are great fun and a great fundraiser for our club.I have quite a few friends from etown beagle club so i don't want to see this get out of hand.I hope you guys have a great turn out and make a pile of money for the club.And hopefully next year we will not be running these things on the same day as one another.
Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't be too quick to judge. E-Town really needs the money I understand there STUD Rabbit Died and they are in a bad way. Trap and release guys and you may get some game on good old e-town.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I took a deep breath asked some questions and learned some facts.
I asked the E-town president for his comments.They are as follows.
Elizabethtown Beagle Club regrets the overlapping of dates for these events,and invites Carlisle Beagle Club and Lykens Valley Beagle Club to post their own advertisements on this thread. We sent an e-mail to local clubs in October advising them of our date to avoid conflicts. Rabbit season is a week shorter this year,the way the calender worked out (see how the field trial schedule for 2010 was affected).We followed Lycoming County Beagle Club last year and scheduled accordingly this year.When we sent a subsequent notice in late November to local clubs,the overlap was pointed out and discussed by the two club presidents.We will take this problem as an opportunity to better communicate in the future on this and other events,hopefully building better relations all around.Based on our entries from last year, both clubs should do fine.

Anyone that hasn't been to Elizabethtown Beagle Club for awhile should stop in for a look around. The club is all fenced,the clubhouse has new,indoor restrooms and a kitchen, and we've invested a great deal in improving our rabbit habitat.
John Gibble
President Elizabethtown Beagle Club

Mark thank you for your wishes on us making a pile of money.We view this event not so much of a fundraiser, but as an event to let local hunters know who and where we are,and that we are open to new members.
Thank you Spike

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Great posts Mark and spike...that's the way this should have been addressed. Coming on here like a 3 year old and calling out another club is a quick way to make enemies which none of us need. Glad to see the clubs working together on this.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Good posts by both presidents.
i hope everything gets worked out for all involved. I hunted over beagles a week ago for the second time in my life. What a blast! I'm addicted,

·
Registered
583 Posts
All that being said, which one should I go to. Did I also hear something about Lykens having a hunt on the last day of the season. I would like to participate in one of these but i never did it before. At what point during the hunt do i have to go to the club, just to check in my kill. I would be coming from Pine Grove and also would be hunting close to where i live. PM me with info if possible Thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Had a great time Saturday with the hunt. Met some good people and introduced some guys to the club.Thanks to everyone that participated and helped with the hunt.

We even made a little $ so I'm going to Green Dragon Friday to look for a (stud rabbit ) LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts