The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if they are filling it yet? Just wondered when it will be back in business. It appears from the trout stocking schedule that it is to be stocked this spring. Is this correct?

·
Registered
249 Posts
They are in the process of filling lake now. It will be a slow process. Have to let fill up so far to saturate dam and then draw down to inspect dam for any potential damage before whole lake refilled. The goal is open lake for trout season but really determined by how much rainfall between now and then.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I went out to check it about a week ago and there are so many trees growing in it you will never be able to cast a line in it. I can't imagine a boat even trolling in that lake with hundreds of trees in it. I walked all the way down to the splllway and that part looks great. I honestly don't feel it will be open for trout season. If it is open then they didn't cut the trees down and do the jog right! Go check it out and see what I mean. You will be surprised!

·
Registered
249 Posts
The trees are definitely going to be a problem when fishing. Basically there was no money to clear the lake properly before re filling. Only two areas were cleared, down by the dam and out from where the main boat launch will be. Some volunteers made some real nice wooden fish structures and placed them in the clearing at the launch. Those trees are a double edge sword, they will be a pain with the snags but should provide outstanding habitat for slab crappie and other fish.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Didnt range resources pay for the rebuild of the dam?

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Thanks cspot...growing up back there i fished that lake alt especially after dark...had good walleye and suageye luck there...should be a great fishery again

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
I took a walk around the lake this morning. Lots of trees and debris that will make fishing tough this year. Some open water near the breastworks should be decent fishing.

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
I haven,t been their since I was a kid and tryin to remember right where it is as I tried to find it about 10 years ago.I thought it was right up the road on Rt 40 then you turn right on a road right past the Extreme cycle shop which used to be a truck shop and then a hubcap store.But I drove up the road a ways and couldn,t find it.Can,t remember how many roads there I tried.I,ve been wantin to check it out.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
good ole boy said:
I haven,t been their since I was a kid and tryin to remember right where it is as I tried to find it about 10 years ago.I thought it was right up the road on Rt 40 then you turn right on a road right past the Extreme cycle shop which used to be a truck shop and then a hubcap store.But I drove up the road a ways and couldn,t find it.Can,t remember how many roads there I tried.I,ve been wantin to check it out.
Turn onto Lake Road off of 40

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
It is nice to see the lake open again but with all of the trees and debris it will be a nightmare! All the anglers will be at the breastworks the first day. I won't be any where near the place. I will be on the stream enjoying using spinners and spoons. To all going to the Fork the first day good luck and let us know if the trees and debris had any affect on your fishing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts