The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If anyone is interested in buying this I am in contact with the local rep that is selling these in 20lb buckets and 8lb buckets....He said there are different kinds...Melon..apple..acorn...and a blackberry i believe...I am going to try out a 20lb bucket of the apple...it is simply used like corn...put out in a circle or pile of it....or put in your feeder mixed with corn..etc..I was told it has been tested in PA and MD with excellent results and they have trail cam pictures to prove it...Let me know!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Just something for you to consider.... All products of those types and bait piles/ feeders in general are excellent methods to spread diseases like CWD, EHD etc... They may give some kind of minimal short term nutritional benefit but the posible repercussions to an entire herd would be devastating

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Featherduster said:
Just something for you to consider.... All products of those types and bait piles/ feeders in general are excellent methods to spread diseases like CWD, EHD etc... They may give some kind of minimal short term nutritional benefit but the posible repercussions to an entire herd would be devastating
Really?...please provide facts and proof of this?...you say feeders? so your saying people that buy corn from feed mills and buy sweet horse feed....anything to benefit deer and wildlife could potentially hurt them?...for some reason i find that to be un true...look at how many people have feeders and feed corn...and bait etc there was only a couple cases of CWD in PA this year which was in what adams and york county? which were from deer that were kept in a fenced in area and were then released into the wild that spread the CWD...please provide these facts if you are so certain.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Calm down. Before you call someone out, google it. You'll find the answer. It doesn't mean it will spread, but makes it easier to spread. If you do put out any feed or mineral run it in a long line instead of a pile.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
pabonecollector said:
Featherduster said:
Really?...please provide facts and proof of this?...you say feeders? so your saying people that buy corn from feed mills and buy sweet horse feed....anything to benefit deer and wildlife could potentially hurt them?...for some reason i find that to be un true...look at how many people have feeders and feed corn...and bait etc there was only a couple cases of CWD in PA this year which was in what adams and york county? which were from deer that were kept in a fenced in area and were then released into the wild that spread the CWD...please provide these facts if you are so certain.
It has been found in 4 countys. York, Adams, Blair and Bedford. Blair and Bedford were hunter killed deer. Read up on CWD and EHD. There is plenty of info out there, do a little research.

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rober said:
pabonecollector said:
Featherduster said:
It has been found in 4 countys. York, Adams, Blair and Bedford. Blair and Bedford were hunter killed deer. Read up on CWD and EHD. There is plenty of info out there, do a little research.
Ill let that up to you boss...I am not concerned about CWD in my area...maybe you are?? i was responding back to the persons post about things causing CWD in bait piles...in which i do not use. but thanks anyway bud

·
Registered
536 Posts
I apoligize if you misunderstand what I wrote. The feed is not the issue. I assumed as a hunter you understood what these diseases were and how they are spread.

The feed piles provide a location for any infected animals to possibly leave some of their diseases behind in the form of ANY body fluid such as urine or mucus. Since the other deer will all be feeding from the same spot the risk of passing the infection on goes up dramatically. ANd there is no easy way to put the proverbial genie back in the bottle except kill off the entire deer herd.
Literally.

The other large problem that you overlooked is deer can carry these diseases for several months before showing any signs. For you to assume you don't see it so it's not a problem is ignorant and possibly reflects you are just a bone collector and not a real sportsman who cares about our resources. You asked for opinions and you got some.

Like the others suggested I don't need to rewrite what others have written extensively about. I hope you do some fact checking of your own. There is plenty out there and the QDMA is an excellent place to start looking.

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Featherduster said:
I apoligize if you misunderstand what I wrote. The feed is not the issue. I assumed as a hunter you understood what these diseases were and how they are spread.

The feed piles provide a location for any infected animals to possibly leave some of their diseases behind in the form of ANY body fluid such as urine or mucus. Since the other deer will all be feeding from the same spot the risk of passing the infection on goes up dramatically. ANd there is no easy way to put the proverbial genie back in the bottle except kill off the entire deer herd.
Literally.

The other large problem that you overlooked is deer can carry these diseases for several months before showing any signs. For you to assume you don't see it so it's not a problem is ignorant and possibly reflects you are just a bone collector and not a real sportsman who cares about our resources. You asked for opinions and you got some.

Like the others suggested I don't need to rewrite what others have written extensively about. I hope you do some fact checking of your own. There is plenty out there and the QDMA is an excellent place to start looking.
First of all...i never asked for opinions??...i was simply posting about a product that is out there to be used for feeding purposes..and i did also mention that it could be used in a feeder..not just a pile dumped in places for animals to spread diseases...so for you to judge someone who you know nothing about is quite out of line...trying to bring my user name into things saying i am simply a bonecollector haha...maybe you should read peoples posts more thoroughly instead of jumping to conclusions and putting your opinion out there when i was posting about a product and if anyone has used it...not there opinions on what causes CWD and what doesn't....i am quite aware how it is spread...your more than welcome to start a thread about CWD and bait piles...git r done.

·
Registered
973 Posts
pabonecollector...so for you to judge someone who you know nothing about is quite out of line...[/quote said:
You realize this is an internet forum/chat. The concept of internet forums is based on judging someone who you know nothing about.

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DDX said:
pabonecollector...so for you to judge someone who you know nothing about is quite out of line...[/QUOTE said:
You realize this is an internet forum/chat. The concept of internet forums is based on judging someone who you know nothing about.
NOT REALLY...the point of the forum is to post useful information for others...share stories etc...not for people to put there 2 cents into every little thing when it is not needed..like you just did...k thanks for your unrelated post..now back to the THREAD TOPIC since people like yourself went OFF TOPIC!!!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Not to get off topic but, has any one formed an opinion about getting off topic?

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Do you sell "Battle Dust" or are you just a user. It might explain your defense of the product.
Personaly I dont use any of this stuff. To me it is all a gimmick just to make someone else rich.

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No i do not sell it...someone from the facebook page capital bowhunters tried selling the product to me and i was trying to get some advice about the product..in which i havent seen much information about it...decided not to purchase any.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts