The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone planting these? Have any success with them?

If you have any information on them including place of purchase, please let me know

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I planted about 15 last year and all did well. Even had a bur on one tree. Bought mine from Walmart in the spring.

You can order from Realtree nursery but you'll get the smaller trees. On the front of their web site, they list which Walmart stores will have them in the spring.

http://www.realtreenursery.com/

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Last year, I bought 10 trees from Walmart in New Jersey right around turkey season & planted them in Susq. county within 2 days of getting them. The day we planted them it was really nice out and warm but within days of planting the temp. went below 32 degress. The leaves turned all brown and I think all the trees died. Spent like $300 for trees & material. Maybe they will come back to life.

For this year, I decided to try them again and ordered 10 trees and tubes from Susquehanna Branch of the QDMA Dunstan Tree sale. They sell for $13.75 per tree and the tubes go for $3.75 per tube.

The trees are bare root 18 to 36 inches.

The deadline for order is March 9, 2013. and the order must be picked up in Montrose, Susq. Co.

Contact Matt Seller 570-278-9358 or Bob Wagner at 570- 278-1011 ext.108

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Joe, those Walmart trees have a one year warranty. You can exchange them or get a refund. If you want to know if they're still alive, make a small cut in the bark and see if it's yellow/green underneath. If it is, the trees are alive. If it's brown, they are dead.

Mine also suffered from that late frost and the leaves turned brown but all had recovered by the end of the year.

Nice thing about the Walmart trees is that most are between 6 - 8 ft tall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts