The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came Across this site while trapping bobcat this week in Clinton Co. There were two bear carcasses. The one that you can see the total ribcage was probably 250-350. There was no hide or head with that one. The other was 80-100 lb and the only thing missing was part of its hind quarters. THE REST OF THE BEAR WAS JUST THROWN OVER THE BANK ALONG THE HIGHWAY. The head front and back paws all the meat on the front legs was there. It was like they just took the back straps out cut the ear tag out so they could not be identified later.. Just makes me sick when people waste what they harvest. Why even shoot it?? I don't get it at all. There are people out there who would love to harvest a bear and never have. Then there are others who have no respect for the game they hunt.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
My brother and i seen 4 different deer carcasses down over the bank near the boat launch last week. Different spots to so they couldnt have been all dumped at the same time.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
The dumping this year has been horrible. Everything from animal carcasses to tires and appliances. The slobs dump on Gamelands roads all the time. My club does a garbage collection once a year and pile it at the beginning of the road. We call, but nothing gets done about it.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
i see bout 5 to 7 deer carcuses dumped in this guys driveway every year....never see the house being used by any body, the bones are there till the animals take them away
....i know when i take bones from my deer into the woods to feed the various wildlife that is all there is and what little meat is left on them....i get some nice pictures of all kinds of critters feeding till everything is gone....but that is just not right what you found
......bob

·
Banned
2,327 Posts
I know lots of guys who don't eat bear but will shoot them just to say they shot one. Nothing anyone can do now unless they were stupid and left some evidence.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Found this a few years back steelhead fishing a Lake Erie Tributary located on private property...think this place will be open for fishing or hunting if the landowner saw it. I at least picked up the garbage so it would not look as bad.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I've noticed a few dumped over our lookouts. Some smaller pieces even put in ziplock bags.

·
Registered
25,728 Posts
Someone dumped two deer carcasses down the road from camp this year, in the second week. One doe head, two legs and two "ribcages", minus the backstraps. Classy.

·
Super Moderator
29,164 Posts
Honkerhunter58 said:
... Ive seen more illegal dumplings than ever before this year
I've eaten some bad dumplings in my day, but how bad would they have to taste to be illegal dumplings?

P.S. Just having fun, not trying to make lite of these slobs' behavior.

·
Super Moderator
29,164 Posts
You obviously never ate my ex wife's cooking!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Many years ago for some reason when I would find litter
in the woods or almost anywhere and I had the opportunity
to pick it up and throw it away I would do it, but only if
I didnt have to carry it along ways. My daughter was tiny
back then and after seeing me do it she started doing it
everywhere she went, parking lots, restaurants, etc. Lots
of people thought it was cute seeing her do it and her
mother and I had to make her stop.

·
Banned
2,327 Posts
DennyF said:
Someone dumped two deer carcasses down the road from camp this year, in the second week. One doe head, two legs and two "ribcages", minus the backstraps. Classy.
I love when I hear the no meat on the rip cage excuse because someone doesn't want to take the time to cut the meat out because it is harder then most.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts