The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my Dukes and in my opinion they are the leading foothold trap for Coon , they are solidly built and just love the double jaw ..

And for the price nothing else come close , cant wait to catch some coon with these ...

I debated about the # 11's but just dont like them as much as the 1 1/2 coil ...

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
stay away from the duke #11 dls .i bought a dozen a few years ago .can't get the loose jaw to sit anywhere near level .the 1.5 will do you fine

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

These ones are not dukes but I have done it to my dukes as well. I like these better than standard double jaws. The it is a 20 penny nail cut and welded in.

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HANDS DOWN the best coon trap on the market right now , i know Sleepy Creeks are AMERICAN made but the double jaw looks really cheaply put on .... the Dukes are the real deal !!!!!

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
How many times are you going to proclaim this by starting up new topics?

You like Duke 1.5 double-jaws for coons. We got it...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just a matter of preference, didn't like how cheap the duke traps were made when they first came out and i have a hard time convincing myself there much better now, there is alot of good traps out there and there has got to be a reason they are so much cheaper than all the rest,but if you like them by all means buy them!

·
Banned
275 Posts
dawalt said:
Just a matter of preference, didn't like how cheap the duke traps were made when they first came out and i have a hard time convincing myself there much better now, there is alot of good traps out there and there has got to be a reason they are so much cheaper than all the rest,but if you like them by all means buy them!
I also was concerned with the "quality" of Duke Traps when I came back to trapping after 25 years. I have argued with guys about the quality and one thing has become apparent, Lot's of better trappers than I use Duke traps for everything from Weasel to Coyote and they have no issues. Lots of guys Mod them, but lots of guys use them just as they come out of the box.

Are there better made traps on the market? Yes there are, but if they do the job for less money, it's a no brainer to me..

I have Duke, Northwoods, Victor & Bridgers and they all seem to be of equal quality. For a young trapper just starting out, the Duke is the way to go IMO.

I remember when I was young and only being able to buy a trap here and there, price matters alot.

Duke 1.5s are good traps for they money.

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have Dukes , Victors , Bridgers , Montgomeries , the only ones that are built any better than the next is the Montgomeries , all others seem to be equally made !

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Sadly, it seems right about here all constructive posting stopped and pot shots started appearing. That is something I will not tolerate. This thread is locked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts