The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lucky this am and got a beautiful wood duck. I am looking for a reputable waterfowl taxidermist? Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
It's a little bit of a drive for you, but Outback Imagery in York Springs does a very nice job on ducks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Tim Schloss in Erie does specializes in waterfowl. i highly recommend him. He has a website ou can visit. The pintails on the pedestal are mine in his gallery and also trio of greenwing teal,

·
Registered
18,321 Posts
Paul Czarnecki is good too ! tri state taxidermy

·
Registered
18,321 Posts
freeze that bird !! if you havent already done it.

Reactions: NorthernPotterCo

·
Registered
7 Posts
One recccomendation to consider, courtesy of advice I received from Tim Schloss - wood ducks look best mounted in a sitting position. Most people like to get ducks in a flying pose because it shows more action, but all the colors on a drake woodie show up best in a sitting position.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Another nod for Tim Schloss. He’s done about (15) for me and has (5) more from a Mexico trip to do. All of mine are standing, swimming, or sitting/resting (including a prime woodie perched on piece of driftwood).

Paul C as mentioned above also does nice work. His fish are excellent too.

Both guys are local to me and from looks of it across state from you. Shipping is a feasible option.

A good bird taxidermist will give you a bird that literally looks alive. A lesser will give you something that looks like a stuffed duck. Choose wisely as you’ll be looking at it for years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts