The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

Made it down safe and sound, stayed in a hotel Friday night in Kitty Hawk had great weather so we beached it. I was to lazy to take all my gear out from the back of truck. We got int our house on the sound in Duck, NC yesterday and also had beautiful weather, still no fishing. My wife, my 7 week old and I came down with her brother, his girlfriend and their 7 week old, and 2 year old - so you can see why it's been hard for me to find time for fishing as of yet.

I did set some crab traps and we've already got two dozen or so nice sized crabs.

Anyone have any fishing reports for down here? I have until Saturday and hope to start fishing the surf and sound (what I can off our dock) tomorrow. Sunday is reserved for the two S's - Steelers and Seafood.

I'll check back in soon with some photos, I was on the beach yesterday morning from 3AM to 7AM just hanging out and talking with some commercial fishermen. The sunrise was great!

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few pics, hope to get over to Bob's Bait and Tackle tomorrow afternoon and start fishing tomorrow night.

If anyone has any recent reports I'd be glad to hear em'

Locals boat - they put out the nets each night and bring them in each AM - neat to watch!

Locals truck they use to put the boat in and out

Red drum

Red Drum from their net

Odd fish from the net

Some more shots of their setup

Red Drum

Taking my little one for a walk

Some of our crabs

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
VERY NICE Keystone....hope the seafood was as good as them Stillers today!!!

Keep the reports coming.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great Steelers game! Them stinkin Ravens are going down, going to be a fun game to come home to!

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ugh, forecast has rain until we leave Saturday morning. Ohh well better then being at work. Still hope to get some fishing in. Forgot my frogg toggs at home!

·
Premium Member
24,020 Posts
KM...got dat new surf cart out there yet?? Hey...i dont think the rain would bother it!! lol

Nice pics!!

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Loggy said:
KM...got dat new surf cart out there yet?? Hey...i dont think the rain would bother it!! lol

Nice pics!!
Haven't had it out yet, but did use it to unload the truck and haul all my familys stuff into the house, thank god we have an elevator in the house!

WilySpike said:
with the thunder south of him I had he was smart not to be out!
True that! We had crazy thunder and lightning. Let's hope today is better the forecast still looks like crap until Saturday which happens to be the day we are leaving. :-(

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Out today from about 2-5:30, no dice. Going out to dinner tonight so I'll try again tomorrow. I did catch a buzz which wasn't bad.

More non fishing pics to follow.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
man...weather is rough...sorry for ya!! tropical depression coming after this past few rainy days....(assuming you got the same weather up there as we do a bit south of you...)

bummer man..i think the fishin is gunna be on fire right after this passes...the mullet ran out last week and the week before..the bait is in the surf...this front aughta be "the light switch" fishin has been DEAD here for a while now...REAL dead..

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
ahhh that aint true! we had zero last year!

and this one is nothing..? wait..i better look! lol....

weve been lucky for as many as there has been...i really thought Igor was gunna stay on course straight for us..i really did...the hurricane predictors are a little better than the snow predictors in PA i guess! they called his track DAYS early..i never thought he was gunna hook north at the last minute..the hurricane people need to teach the snow people a little bit about predicting weather! they cant never get it right at home! last year "ohh 2-4 inches MAYBE" i woke up and couldnt open my front door to go huntin!

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My buddy comes down on Friday and we leave Saturday at least he may get better fishing, I'm going to head out again today.

·
Premium Member
24,020 Posts
saw the tuff weather forecst for the east coast. hey...still beats workin!

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fished the surf again this afternoon with no luck. Came back to our pier and did some crabbing, did well on the crabs again so it looks like more crabs for dinner, can't argue with that. We had three lines in the water as well and were just pulling in crabs when we got a whopper of a hit, below is the results - a skate I think. We landed it for some pictures, removed the hook, and sent it on it's way. At least we caught something!

No more sunrise or sunset pics, the weather is still miserable.

Me and the little guy

The little guy

Surf fishing

Ocean

Skate

Landing the skate

Hook removal

Photo op

Watching him swim away

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Loggy said:

Nice pics!!
The surf cart is working great! I'm so glad I purchased it, only one issue so far and that was when I went to the beach this morning ... I went alone and the access required me to go down about 15 steps needless to say it didn't work well - I ended up waiting for my brother in law to help pick it up and go down.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts