The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I can't help myself. Uncle Si cracks me up.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
I've been a fan of Phil Robertson for a long time. I even have an autograph duck call from him. His first few duck hunting videos are a hoot. Many people don't know this but he was the starting QB for Louisiana Tech. When he left school to hunt ducks and make calls, his back up QB took over. That back up was Terry Bradshaw. As Phil so poignantly put it, "When them big tackles chase you, it'll make your hair fall out. When they catch you, they knock your teeth out. I just lot better hunt. Bradshaw went after the bucks and I went after the ducks. I reckon we're both pretty happy."

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
It is scripted....but it certainly has some funny parts.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
The funny thing is they started getting rich off of makeing $39.99 and <span style="text-decoration: underline">under</span> duck calls. Most people on here pay $75 to $200 for a call

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
25-OTT6 said:
The funny thing is they started getting rich off of makeing $39.99 and under duck calls. Most people on here pay $75 to $200 for a call
Yep, and a dang good call at that. Duck Commander was the only brand I used when I duck hunted. The most I ever paid for one was around $50 and that was for a limited edition, autographed Phil Robertson call. All the others were around $20 at the most.

·
4,241 Posts
Good show, scripted or not I watch.

I didn't know Phil played football, saw he was even drafted as a junior.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts