The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Yeah Cody posted that he left the show a couple months ago on his Facebook page. He was defending himself saying that Discovery channel was going to lie and make stuff up to make him look bad. Said something about a lawsuit if they showed stuff they were not supposed to yada yada.

The new guy should be pretty good.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I watched the episode last night where they explained why Cody is gone. Quite frankly, he was filming a show and they have no obligation not to show all of what he did. He was acting like a 8 year old. I would rather be stranded with Joe than Cody, rather be with someone who would rather kill something to eat that to be with someone who would rather eat bugs and other lesser things. I sincerely doubt Cody has any lawsuit at all. The truth is a defense to any kind of slander or libel suit and a video will show the truth.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I agree with tpr25 I liked Dave the best too. Cody always seemed a bit flaky, and Joe is a little to gungho. Only time will tell with the new guy, but if he wears that loin cloth in the artic climates like Cody did with his shorts and bare feet... I'll have to think the guy has mental issues.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Dave has a great series of videos out on youtube on trapping and other primitive survival skills. cool stuff if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I saw the new Cody, Matt, on a show called Dude, Your Screwed. He should send Joe off the deep end, just like Cody.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Saw the show. New guy is pretty good. Less arguing between the two, but that may change. He does have some good skills.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
It does not appear Matt was in the military.

Matt became a triathlete and rock climber at 15. He continued competition as an endurance athlete, and started teaching primitive skills at the Boulder (Utah) Outdoor Survival School and guiding llama packing trips. Then, he became an outdoor instructor at the Anasazi Outdoor Program, a therapy project for at-risk youth.

Matt competes as a world-class master of the atlatl (defined as a stick used by Eskimos and early American Indians to propel a spear or dart), and recently defeated the world champion in seven straight matches. He is skilled in long-bow hunting, and in brain-tanning hides for clothing. Additionally, he has studied Judo, Tae Kwon Do, Wushu Kung Fu and Jeet Kune Do.

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hope they develop some chemistry and say what they're thinking. Entertainingly they are boring compared to Cody.

·
4,277 Posts
Just started watching this show a couple of weeks ago. I like Matt and Joe (you can hear Joe's Pittsburgh accent sometimes).

I had seen the show a couple of time before but never got into with Cody and Dave.

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dce said:
I know I'm not man enough to be on that show.
Survivorman no. Dual yes. Got a film crew 5 feet away.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Nah, I think you should go on Naked and afraid with Hilliary Clinton!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts