The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21,268 Posts
I stopped watching it when the guy supposedly called in a turkey with his voice and a homemade bow and a broadhead made out of glass.That segment should have been of mythbusters instead because it wasn't plausible.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
I watch it and there is some good provided on the show. But it is fake. That episode where the one guy found a fresh salmon while the other guys shot the turkey made me really suspicious.

Then when I saw the one in Australia (or New Zealand?)when they smoked the rabbit-type rodent out from under rocks, that confirmed to me that it was fake. I had it saved on my DVR and watched the kills scene several times because it was so obviously fake. The rodent doesn't run out, it looks like it is already dead and pulled out by a string. The one guy karate chops it and in stops moving instantly. That spoiled the show for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Its right in the middle for me...Les Stroud is the honest real deal survivialist and has the best show...Dual Survivial is more believable than Bear Grillas(sp?)..Bear is in the back of the bus in my opinion......

They're still 500 times better than Survivor and every other drama queen show thats on these days...

·
Registered
79 Posts
i have met cody and dave both there awesome people and hope to see them again soon!!! there ways are true there not fakes but what you see on t.v maybe idk i would assume that not all of it is 100% real (for saftey and time reasons) ethier way good show good hosts they always keep me waiting for more!

·
Banned
268 Posts
i just found on youtube video's dave made before he got on dual survival if you want to see them search "pathfinder dart" and it will show you that video but there are a ton more. It's like the stuff he uses on the show only he tells you how to do it.

·
Registered
21,268 Posts
I was ok with the show until the one guy shot a turkey with a homemade bow and BH made from a bottle.He even called it to the camera with his mouth.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
I do enjoy that show. Those guys do present some valuable information. of course there are the canned scenes and other hokey stuff that you know is fake, but its TV what do you expect?

I saw a you tube video made by Dave Canterbury while I was searching survival guns. He did a video on the M6 scout rifle he obtained. It was made some time ago but was very interesting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts