The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here go to either the Gettysburg (Marsh Creek) DU Dinner or the York DU Dinner?

Both are on the same day this year, March 9th. Never been to either one, but thinking about hitting one of them.

Which has the best Raffle stuff going?

York has an Open Bar all Evening!!!

Decisions, decisions, decisions .....

·
Registered
460 Posts
If I make it to either it will be Gettysburg. It's much closer to me and the person who runs the Marsh Creek chapter is the person who took me out to his spot a few times. That's where I shot my only two ducks this year. I think I owe it to him to go there. I will try to find out what the raffle items are and post them here.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ok. I talked to the president of the Marsh Creek chapter. The raffle includes a gun raffle for a 270. Also a gun bowl for a stainless double barrel. There are tons of other items including decoys, prints and paintings, carved decoys, deer and turkey hunting gear, a blind, and many other items, too many to mention here. There is also a live and a silent auction. The turnout is usually around 100 people. Tickets are $60 for single. $85 for couple, $185 for couple with $300 worth of raffle tickets and a wooden decoy, with other ticket options. Also, if anyone wants to make a donation and can't make it to the dinner, that's fine. You can can PM me and I will give you the info. I can also mail a copy of the invitation info. Thanks for any support.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Don't forget the Marsh Creek dinner this Saturday. It will be at the Pike in Gettysburg. Hope to see some of you folks there.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
While I'm planning my own banquet and have other things to worry about...

I haven't gotten a PGH DU invite in quite some time. No email blast, no postcards, no invitations. I've been to 4 different DU banquets all at different chapters and haven't heard of one in a while.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
jguns2002 said:
Don, I post info on here about the Forbes Trail Chapter banquet every year.
I do recall that now that you mention it. There are a lot of chapters though. 3 in Butler and one in every county that surrounds Pittsburgh and in most other counties too. I just would figure more of these posts would come up about other chapters. DU dedicates so much to fund raising and to me, getting me info on dinners would be DU's best chance of seeing me part with some money. I'd figure they'd be sending me postcards and invites. 4 chapters are 45 minutes from my house.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Just got back from the Marsh Creek dinner. It was a great time. We raised a lot of money and some folks went home with some great items. Lots of prints sold at the auction and four guns were won in the drawings along with many other great prizes. Unfortunately none came home with me. Maybe next year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts