The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally connected on my second red fox yesterday afternoon. It has been four years almost to the day since I shot my first one. I shot it in the same woods I shot my first. I got it with my 17 Hornet and Foxpro Firestorm playing titmouse tantrum. Very small entrance and no exit, just how i hope the 17 would perform. I have called in a few since then just never connected. My brother was with me and I think he is now hooked. Not sure how to post a picture from my computer. I will try and get one on as soon as I can figure it out.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Awsome. Thats the only problem with predator hunting, you get one then your hooked for 5 years even if you dont see anything, its a viscious cycle. lol

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Factory 20 grain v-max. I am going to reload for it after all the factory rounds are gone.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Savage model 25 lightweight varmintor 17 hornet. Got it at Dicks sporting goods. Heard on the net that they got some in this fall and called the local one. They said they just put it on the shelf that day. They held it till Friday night till I had time to pick it up. It is a blast to shoot. Both my kids and my wife love it. No recoil, you can see it impact through the scope. We take rotten apples and explode them at one hundred yards with it. Very accurate also. Shoots 3/4 to 1" groups at one hundred yards.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts