The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after years of using the prong style arrow rest i've decided to try a drop away rest. I'm curious what the actual hunters who use these products think of their particular brand of choice. not what the celebs on tv want me to buy. I need one that is easy to set up and reliable. and most of all durable! I hunt in some pretty rough terrain and need a rest that will take the abuse and endure. any comments are appreciated.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I just switched to a rip cord rest 1 month ago....and I love it....should have done it a long time ago

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
I have a Schaffer Gen II
my son(12) has a Trophy Taker pronghorn

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
QAD Ultra-Rest HD pro is worth the money. I just got mine in yesterday and you will be surprised how much better your shooting gets. I had a Whisker Buisket befor and my groups were in a "Dinner Plate". I put on my QAD Rest yesterday and my groups were the size of sauser plates, I was really surprised. Also, I used to use my 2nd pin at 35 yards and now I'm using my 1st pin out to 35, I must have been getting a lot of resistance from my Whisker Busiket. Anyway, if you have the extra cash I suggest you buy a QAD, I paid $139 and it was worth it.......

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Get the trophy taker extreme. It offers full containment of your arrow so the only way it can possibly fall off the rest is if you turn the bow upside down.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
the limbdriver by vaportrail. great rest, easy setup. it works the opposite of others in the way that, a line connects it to your top limb. pulling up on the rear of the rest making it stay down. as you draw and your limb flexes, it relaxes the line allowing the rest to rise under spring tension. when you release the string, the limb force pulls the line dropping the rest.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
QAD. Make sure you get the model with the bar above the V for complete arrow containment. If I would have had this in my novice years I would have slammed a giant that stepped out at 18 yards as I was walking to my stand on a quad trail. Instead my arrow became lodged between my rest and riser.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts