The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time Harrisburg boy just moved to Wynnewood in Phila. Any suggestions for fastest time to get to Forksville, Sullivan County. Mapquest and google maps show a couple routes but know from previous directions to other locations, not always accurate due to traffic or local road conditions. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Blue Root to 80 west. Buckhorn exit 42 north. before Eagles Mere turn left to go to Worlds End State Park. Fastest way to get there, traveled down there a lot.

·
Registered
39,603 Posts
Blue Route to the NE Extention of the Turnpike. Get of at exit 95. Mt. Pocono. Then take Rt. 80 west.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
manfromshunk said:
Blue Root to 80 west. Buckhorn exit 42 north. before Eagles Mere turn left to go to Worlds End State Park. Fastest way to get there, traveled down there a lot.
Good route as described by manfromshunk. When Rt42 T's into Rt220 at Glen Mawr head north on Rt220 to pick up Rt42 just after the Sunoco on the left. It's a very relaxing drive.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Just have watch traffic on the blue route, that gets jammed up pretty easily, and NE extension can be a little slow during rush hour up until Quakertown but after that you should be fine.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
NE Ext to Bear Creek
Rt 309 N to 405 to 118 W.
Rt 118 to 487 North to Rt 87 Dushore
Follow 87 to Forkesville

Or 118 to 239 to 42 to 220 to 154.

There is a short cut from 309 to 118. You can follow Hillside Road at the end of the 309 expy to 118.

I-80 is about 10 miles and 10 minutes longer to Laporte. I don't know about Forkesville. I did have a friend who lived in Forkesville and he said the route over Red Rock, 487, was the fastest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts