The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are you planning on hunting bear this season? Organized drives, still hunting, or stand hunting? This is my first year bear hunting and I plan on sitting on stand or still hunting. I know organized drives are probably the most successful method for bear I was just curious what everyone plans on doing. Its hard to believe the season is less than a week away. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
14,520 Posts
I'll be stand hunting. Too old for drives so I will be in a good spot hoping to catch one moving between a feeding and bedding area or one that someone else bumped out of or toward a nearby slashing.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Some early stand hunting then still as day goes on. Been a number of years since i heard any organized drives in areas I hunt.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
The club I hunt with stand hunts during bear season. Usually 10--12 guys vs 18-20 for deer and they use it as a scouting session to see what bucks they see and to clean out and restock their hunting shacks. We do get lucky every year or so.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Slow walks. I hunt bear solo, and usually slow walk to my various deer stands, making sure everything is ready to go for deer season. I might sit at each stand for a while until I get chilled, then move on to the next one.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Good luck. If you tag that bear, I'd be happy to come out and help you thin them out...:grin2:

I would love to have ya, Brother.... I am hoping for some luck. My archery buck tag is still alive and well. The buck I was holding out for did NOT cooperate... so I hadda kill one of his fatty nanny girlfriends for the freezer. I been on leave for two and a half weeks... HOURS AND HOURS ON STAND... bear week stunk cause of the weather. Just a crappy season so far as bucks go... but as a sportsman... I wouldn't have it any other way! Come on Bears.... Hook a brother up!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts