The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I need front brakes on a 2008 silverado, actually I was told I need front wheel bearings ,so I though that while I am wrenchin' I might as well change brakes pads and rotors, hence the question what or why should I or not get drilled ones???thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
With how there made now stay with stock rotors. Drilled rotors look cool but are more prone to cracking. They do offer better initial bite while wet though. If you have a go fast rig get good brakes an rotors. Basically stock stay oem.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Slotted-cross drilled rotors w/ceramic pads.
A while back a buddy was having the shimmies on his '07 Dakota. He had it to two shops, one turned the rotors the other said there's nothing that can be done about it, "All Dodges do it".:mad:
I replaced them w/slotted-drilled rotors,new hardware and ceramic pads.....No shimmy-shake for two years now.
Bill

·
Registered
242 Posts
More often than not warped rotors. But with yours its more the failing bearings. Doesn't take much to warp them. Try to never let a shop turn a rotor. It's just a bandaid before they warp again.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
besides a bit more grip,slotted/drilled rotors offer better brake cooling.

heat is really really bad for brakes overall but most rotor warping happens when they are hot and get doused with water

1 - 8 of 8 Posts