The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You fellas that use drags in the winter for fox and coyots, how do you bed or conceal the drag? Do you just dig a bigger bed and put it under the trap or do you lay it off to the side? New to drags, thanks alot

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
yup. no need to hide the drag they dunno what it is. and if you want, throw some leaves or snow over it. i use a good size chain and put the drag out of the way of my dirthole set.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Use a branch 6-8 feet long and atleast the thickness of your arm. I look around my set area for them. I looks natural,smells matural and it's one less thing in your packbasket

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
you dont, throw that baby around a tree or just let it rock. you bury the chain right on the trap just like you normally would.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

Everyone said they just throw the drag to the side so how do you conceal the chain where it comes up out of the trap bed?

I do appreciate the help

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
dont worry about it, they wont care. when they dig, they dig cause they smell something usually, unless you get a really ornery one. i usually run drags on hay sets. otherwise, a cable steak usually will go in even ground you think is solid.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I use drags or cable off to trees wherever possible.
Fast, easy, and no pounding stakes.
Even more of an advantage in the winter.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
just cover it simply with whatever is around your set . Leaves, twigs, snow, whatever

·
Registered
12 Posts
doubleT said:
Use a branch 6-8 feet long and atleast the thickness of your arm. I look around my set area for them. I looks natural,smells matural and it's one less thing in your packbasket
I do the same thing, i`ll even use a drag in an open field..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts