The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a few days ago from eBay through Williamsport. Haven't gotten to test it out yet but it fits and opens and closes like a champ. Anyone else use one of these? I was also curious if anyone knows if these are actually manufactured in Williamsport.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I used to use one YEARS ago and I remember it being very practical to be able to swap out boxes seasonally or by pattern but for reasons that escape me now I sold it........could be that I have a couple old vintage Richardson chest boxes that just seem to have a little more "karma"

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I don't have a downs box, but I do have a Richardson. I don't go fishing without it. I have the green Joe Humphreys model. Great box!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I have TWO Down's boxes, a older 3 tray and a newer 5 tray. I also have a green Richardson 4 tray Deluxe. The only time I don't use a chest box is when fishing the small mountain freestoners. Then I travel light and use a small Fishpond waistpack with flyboxes and a neck lanyard. To my knowledge they are still made in Williamsport although E. Hille, the distributor went out of business. Chestboxes are great!!! I also wear a vest with them. WTT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts