The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
They are my favorite game dinner!
The best that I have found is really easy:
Wrap bacon around the dove breast( de-boned) and grill!
Use toothpicks to hold it together.
I also remove the placenta from Jalapeno's or other peppers( if you like hot food) Thai Chili ,Kung Pow etc and stick them inside the bacon and pierce w\ the toothpick....
mmmmmMMMMMMMMM YEAH!
It takes a bunch for a meal tho- a daily limit is enough for 2 adults...witha small side salad or something....
Now my mouth is watering...I am going out tonight to try and bag a few!

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
bacon wrapped breasts are the bomb. okay - i'm leaving that alone...

this works really well for crow too. Had it for the first time this past week - bacon wrapped crow breasts - 4 to a skewer and grill with a touch of secret marinade brushed on during cooking. They told me it was squab when we started then fessed up after we ate it. I was gonna post about eating crow but didn't want to start a whole "tha's gross" discussion...but since the recipe is the same for doves, welll...there ya go

·
Registered
13,869 Posts
Damage, sounds like this one

Ingredients

4 dove breast per person
jalepeno peppers
bacon
milk

Directions

soak the dove breast over night in milk - cut jalepeno peppers in half longways - put a pepper half inside of a breast - wrap with a slice of bacon

Note: fire up the grill - cook until bacon is done

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Dingo - change "milk" to "buttermilk" - very good tenderizer. Yogurt can also be used, and imparts other flavors that could be VERY desireable. Chop up some rosemary and a little lemon juice in the plain yogurt...soak overnight - a little salt and pepper, skewer with bacon and japs - you are on your way..da mn i'm HUNGRY now.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I never thought of putting them on a skewer( I skewer all kinds of stuff)...and Rosemary...NOW YOU ARE TALKING!

jayd4wg said:
Dingo - change "milk" to "buttermilk" - very good tenderizer. Yogurt can also be used, and imparts other flavors that could be VERY desireable. Chop up some rosemary and a little lemon juice in the plain yogurt...soak overnight - a little salt and pepper, skewer with bacon and japs - you are on your way..da mn i'm HUNGRY now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Brush with honey, wrap in bacon using a toothpick to hold the bacon on, sprinkle with black pepper and put them in the smoker.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Very good in PA Dutch style pot pie as well.

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
This girl has it going on when it comes to cooking, she has some dove recipes on here somewhere, i wish she'd cook for me

cowgirl

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
put em in foil with peppers and onions and some tabasco sause and put em on the grill. keep adding tabasco till they are done.

dont even have to take em off the bone to cook...just throw em in whole.

real quick and easy and taste great

1 - 15 of 15 Posts