The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are the game lands for the opener? First time thinking about going to a game land and trying to decide if I should stay local or hit a gl with crops. If its going to be crowed do people give you space? Just trying to get an idea of what its like!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Your best bet is to look for doves resting on power lines or trees. I drive by SGL 82 in southern Somerset County quite a bit. It looks like it would be fantastic for dove hunting with farms surrounding this game land and the game land itself looks very good for doves yet I rarely ever see any around.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I myself will not be hunting on SGL for doves...But I have been adjusting my training rides to route me through several game lands in SWPA so I can do some road scouting and I even hiked several hours on SGL 297 this weekend..I'm with trapperrick...the SGL look like great habitats for doves, but I haven't seen a [censored] bird.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I believe 297 is the gl thats all corn... Youd think it would be good but probably wouldnt see a thing. Ill probably stay local. Im trying to get my fiancee intk hunting. So once she's took the class and has her licence, we are starting off small and working our way up!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone doin any good? Checked out a few gamelands and have only see 10ish.... Not worth driving an hour to hunt when i see more on my .25 acre backyard!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone doin any good? Checked out a few gamelands and have only see 10ish.... Not worth driving an hour to hunt when i see more on my .25 acre backyard!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts