The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here a pic of the youngest and 31lb cat.

Both the blood brothers and the hounds.

the days gang. it was really cool to hunt with all family for a day.

Pretty cool story with this one too. Doug got a shot in him as he came through the swamp. Missed the second shot but had a great third shot but the shell misfired! He slammed the same shell in agian and clicked again and the cat disapeared into the swamp. When the dogs came through they bayed him up and then when he made a break they just started pounding agsain. Lots of blood so i'm wondering how he can travel like that. I go check track and they are running a new cat! So while they are running that one we are blood trailing this one. Devin (oldest) jumped it up and the dogs were fairly close and on a loss with the second cat so we started calling them. Nancy came in and hit the track and got about 40 yards before she got a face full of cat. Both dogs had it bayed when Devin caught up and he kept it covered and the dogs from getting too ripped up while doug and i got in there. It took us a little while since doug went trough the ice up to his waist couldnt bend his knees because his pants had frozen straight. once we got there doug made a nice shot on it right between the peepers with the 22 mag revolver. Meantime my uncle had built a nice fire so we got doug thawed out.
The hounds never did figure the second cat back out but Standing around that fire with my boys, my uncle and a big tom cat telling stories and reliving the mornings events I couldn't have cared if they ever ran another one.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rabbit Runner said:
Good job Douglas !!!

You do pretty good considering that family tree of yours

John L
he comes from a long line of killing machines! And just think its usually considered good on dog papers if some of the names are the same on both sides.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
You guys are one big cat killin' fam-damily!
Congrats again, but this one cat at a time thing is getting a little redundant.
Don't you ever kill doubles? Or get a lion chase? How about something a little more exciting next time.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fairchild #17 said:
You guys are one big cat killin' fam-damily!
Congrats again, but this one cat at a time thing is getting a little redundant.
Don't you ever kill doubles? Or get a lion chase? How about something a little more exciting next time.
not this year but.....killed these 4 in 2 days

1 - 17 of 17 Posts