The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, first time in 5 years that I didn't get a whack at a shooter buck.

My husband shot this nice 9 point on opening day about noon, so I went to give him a hand with the 4 wheeler.

Wouldn't ya know that a shooter ran right past my stand in the 15 minutes I was gone. (1 of the guys was watching him from the across the field, about 500 yards away and was wondering why I wasn't slinging lead)

So I took these 2 doe on Friday and called it a year, Couldn't hunt the last day.
200 yards across a field strip, out of a bunch of about 10.

John's first day buck (I now hate this buck LOL)
Neat though had Game commission ear tags in it.
$100 Reward (Guess who bought us all dinner at the Wyalusing hotel)
Buck was trapped and released in March 2010 and was 3 1/2 YO when he havested it, Pretty cool
ohn's first day buck (I now hate this buck LOL)

Was a fun season, saw a lot of deer and about 6 young buck that will be good ones next year.

Jane L

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You

The gun is a Rem.700BDL in .300SAUM.
I had the stock cut way back and a thick kick eezer pad installed. The barrel is ported and the trigger adjusted to 3 lbs.

It performs just super and all the customization makes the recoil negligible.

Jane L

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Very nice. I thought it was a Remington (good choice) but in picture it looked like a short action. Very nice gun to go along with your deer, the snow, and you. Never fails you leave your spot and no sooner your prey comes along. It's like the cook always said ,as soon as you guys left this big so and so buck come across the lawn. Again nice job good story and pictures...later

·
Registered
417 Posts
Congrats, but hopefully you worded that wrong and you took those does at separate times, you know after you tagged the first one, then you shot the second one….or hopefully you are hunting a special regs. area. I'd hate to see you implicate yourself....but congratulations none the less.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Flifisher said:
Congrats, but hopefully you worded that wrong and you took those does at separate times, you know after you tagged the first one, then you shot the second one….or hopefully you are hunting a special regs. area. I'd hate to see you implicate yourself....but congratulations none the less.
Yes they were seperate kills.
The second actually had been hit by the neighbors after I shot, and I took it onlt after we got the big one all tagged up and were working on it.
Same bunch of deer, they shot and it came limping back into us so I took it and we put them together for a pic.

Jane L

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
RR, don't let anyone steel your lime light. When someone starts out Congrats BUT don't even finish readin. You did great beautiful job, you know what your doin....later

1 - 14 of 14 Posts