The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone pointed out to me that the buck I killed a few weeks ago was a rare double throat patch buck. I never thought about it and not sure if I've ever killed a deer in the past with a double white throat patch. This buck was unique with the double patch and double split brow tines. Wondering how many have killed a whitetail in Pa with the double white throat patch and if it's genetics. Will this buck's offspring more likely to have the double patch.

Trophy hunting Hunting Deer hunting Plant Tree
Vehicle Automotive parking light Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Smile Plant Hunting Tree People in nature

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Unique bucks are cool. Double brows and a double throat patch make him different. As far as genetics and offspring with one or both characteristics ? Anything is possible. My 2015 buck had a arch in his throat patch and that’s how I was able to find him in 4 years of trail cam pics. Home grown at our camp. I carefully look at other pics and have not seen any arches in any of the camp deer since. Most patches are oval or rectangular shapes. Buck also has the bot fly hole in the R main beam which also makes it different.
Congrats on a fine buck.
Head Organism Deer Horn Natural material

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I do not have an answer to the question but I do know that is a hammer of a buck! Very nice pics. Is that last picture from a cell phone? What a pic!!!!
I actually forgot my cell phone which I often do and luckily my son come with me. We recovered it the next morning and I think he has an IPhone 12 or 13

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow!! Is that a big woods buck or a city buck? Either way, very impressive.
Not city and not really big woods like central Pa, and not agriculture land. Lots of thick overgrown old farms, thick old logged out places and the great deer habitat of 2A

1 - 20 of 40 Posts