The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard this term used several times what causes this to happen ? and does it cause any harm to the rifle , other than suprise the bejesus out of the shooter. i installed the new trigger this morning and the very first shot it did it , shot seven more five shot groups without a problem.

·
Registered
699 Posts
By double tap are you referring to two shots fired per one squeeze of the trigger? Just be careful as the ATF may consider that "intent."

What trigger did you get again? Something self contained like a CMC? Or something like a Geissele?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
You probably just pulled the trigger twice without realizing it. A double tap is generally when you practice two quick shots as fast as you can.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aubie515 said:
By double tap are you referring to two shots fired per one squeeze of the trigger? Just be careful as the ATF may consider that "intent."

What trigger did you get again? Something self contained like a CMC? Or something like a Geissele?
Bought a timney trigger , self contained , seemed to me there were two shots with one squeeze , only did it that one time . maybe i pulled the trigger a second time , i just didnt think so.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
A lightish short reset single stage trigger will double tap quite easily shooting from a bench.

Was it from the bench?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RobOz said:
A lightish short reset single stage trigger will double tap quite easily shooting from a bench.

Was it from the bench?

Yes , it was from the bench.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts