The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm a low gun side by side enthusiast on the skeet field ....shooting international style,no raising of the gun til bird comes out, up to 3 sec. delay on the pull, etc...other times, I shoot traditional style,mounted gun...
for low gun style, a stock with a little more than std. 1 1/2 drop at comb, lines my eye just above the rib.
Last year I bought a 12 gauge Simson boxlock, well built, as new, 7 lb., 28 inch barrels. I had the chokes opened up professionally and the stock trimmed professionally (currently 14 1/4 without pad or buttplate...I am considering a trade for a little trimmer, 20 gauge side by side, 14 to 14 1/4 LOP with drop at comb more like 1 3/4.
The Simson is a great gun , but I would have to do more work to the stock (remove material at top of comb), then refinish. I'm thinking someone out there might want to trade that has a 20 in some of the better quality brands, but maybe a bit too much drop for their style, or prefer a gun with more robust dimensions......Names that I know are quality and can take lots of shooting include Fox Sterlingworth, some of the AYA's, Ugartecheas, Beretta, or Germans, Sauer, Simson, Merkel, Japanese, SKBs, Browning BSS,Win. 23's...., etc. I would be willing to drive to see in person, or better yet, meet at a range to test drive.
....I live in Mercer Co.
If you would like pics of the Simson, Pm me with your email and I can send great quality photos to show how nice the condition of the gun is...It was made in 67, but I would rate it 95-98%,..value is $1000-$1500.
thanks,
Terry

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
You might be able to try a trade at Hausmann's Hidden Hollow (Friendsville, PA, Susquehanna co) in June at their Northeast SxS Championship. They always have a tent the size of a football field with nothing but double guns and accessories. We'll be there as we have a lot of fun!!

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
You can find anything there. I'll be looking for a high rib Model 21.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts