The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my double bearded turkey from 2013 that I just got back from my taxidermist

·
Registered
92 Posts
Beautiful colors on him. Congrats! What's the story?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DartonShooter700 said:
Beautiful colors on him. Congrats! What's the story?
Shot the bird May 8 2013, was working a bird that was just down the hill side from us, my dad was calling we had an open field behind us, and this bird came in silent behind us he gobbled one time to give himself away. It was game on from there he saw the decoys and made a B line for them, I shot and the rest is history. I did not notice the double beard until after the shot.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Nice bird and nice mount! I prefer to remove the tags from my animals but to each their own.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Smtn10pt said:
Nice bird and nice mount! I prefer to remove the tags from my animals but to each their own.
Thanks! I took the pic directly after hanging, I later took the tag off, I like the natural look as well

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Good deal! I cringe when I see the tag on the leg of a bird or on the antler of a nice buck! What are the lengths of those beards?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Smtn10pt said:
Good deal! I cringe when I see the tag on the leg of a bird or on the antler of a nice buck! What are the lengths of those beards?
9 and 5 in

1 - 9 of 9 Posts