The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode by dotti Lou's on rt 706 in stevensville while I was at camp this weekend. I couldn't believe it burned to the ground. Sad sight to see for sure!

·
Registered
3,678 Posts

Drove past on the way to camp Friday night and there was still a little smoke after it rained. Too some pics on the way home, looks like they are salvaging and filling dumpsters.Only the ciderblocks are standing. Sad to see. Best of luck in rebuilding

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Went by on the way to camp over the holidays. All the cinderblock is removed and only the rear outbuildings are standing. Looks like they are ready to rebuild soon

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Drove past Dottie-Lou's on the way to camp this weekend. Looks like the concrete floors are poured and piles of lumber stacked ready to go. Hopefully they will be ready for deer season. Best of luck

·
Registered
201 Posts
Can you give an occasional update if you happen to drive by there.That was by far the best butcher shop around and nobody seems to know whats going on with them rebuilding.Im down to my last ring of chicken,broccoli and cheese sausage so hopefully it won't be long.Thanks.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Wont be back that way until we go to camp Oct 17th weekend. Will keep y'all up to date

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
If you can't use Dottie Lou's try Scavazzo's on 267 in Friendsville/Birchardsville...about 8 miles from there. He is excellent as well and I believe related somehow to Dottie/Lou

·
Registered
201 Posts
Okay thanks. Yes Scavazzo is very good but i like Dottie Lous for there regular butcher shop. The one thing that i ike about Scavazzos is you get your own meat back when you have it made into something. The owner of Dottie Lous and Jeff Scavazzo are related somehow, cousins i think.

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
That was by far the best butcher shop around and nobody seems to know whats going on with them rebuilding
A Butcher Shop ? Why I'll be Dipped-N-Rolled ! With a name like Dottie Lou's, you can guess what I thought it was.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Good to see that they are rebuilding, but I think they stopped butchering deer a couple of seasons ago.

·
Registered
201 Posts
They don't butcher deer anymore but they still process it but not til after the first of the year. There deer sticks and smoked kelbasi is excellent.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Going past there on the way to camp thurs thru sunday this week. Will try to stop and get a pic of progress

1 - 20 of 29 Posts