The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
Looking forward!

But if i was an extreme Prepper I sure as heck would not be seen on tv.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
A friend of mine is apparently in an upcoming NatGeo documentary about a similar subject. It's called "Training for the Apocalypse," and I think it's coming out soon.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
Will do. She was also recently informed that the footage she's in was also sold to PBS for another program. She's mildly concerned about some things she may have talked about in that lecture.

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
mountainhippie said:
She was also recently informed that the footage she's in was also sold to PBS for another program. She's mildly concerned about some things she may have talked about in that lecture.
Maybe a lesson learned.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just got home a little bit ago from practicing land navigation....
I DVR'ed them and gonna check em out now.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I dvr'd as well, saw first episode haven't seen 2nd one. Quite the diversified group. Some neat insights and ideas in a couple. Have to admit when the girl said she was bugging out to Mexico I was kinda thinking that's something my teenager would say. Gonna watch the 2nd episode tonight.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm going to watch the second episode here shortly.

Yeah I was thinking........Mexico???? I wouldn't go there,maybe the Canadian bush but not Mexico!

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
yeah exactly what I was thinking. Watched the second one last night. Liked the one on the lady and husband who were preparing there community, though they didn't say at all if they would bug out if a disaster happened. Also I've noticed one or two of the preppers are older or pleasantly plump, being a nurse this imediately makes me think medications but nobody has mentioned storing prescription meds yet. In the first episode the young girl talked about being in shape to flee and defend but they haven't really touched on being in shape to live more than 5 years without having a stroke or heart attack if not on meds. The Doomsday Doris day lady left me feeling sad, her and her husband were wonderful people and looked like they were trying to embrace off grid living in many ways but just refused to even think about the idea of owning a gun or having any type of defense or protection and just relying on the love of their fellow man. I have to admit when I saw them with the bees I thought of the book Alas Babylon were the beekeper and his wife are killed and there home plundered. All in all I like the show seeing what others are doing gives me ideas and lets me know there are others out there.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I think the whole thing was kinda dumb! doing the "happy Dance" after she shoots her pistol, like its some kind of game,,,,,Obviously she has not earned her combat action ribbon or combat infantry badge. I never once did a "happy dance" post firefight,,,too dang scared. She will wish she lost the 100 pounds if the day ever comes, physical fitness is key. no one showed a 1st aid kit or medications, I agree with the above post but those who are medicaly challenged will die off quickly even if prepared in other ways. most others ideas I liked but IMO that "gourme prepper" is a total nut case. too bad for the liberals in new england also not everyone is as nice as them.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Agreed I found alot of the people to be ill prepared in alot of glaring ways such as physical fitness. Though I will continue to watch just to get ideas as to what to do or not to do. But I tend to take things from mutliple sources of info as I think most people do.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts