The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Delta Waterfowl Banquet this saturday night at Hill Crest Country club in Lower Burrell,Pa. Lots of waterfowl related stuff to be auctioned and won. Don't miss out. Get your ticket before it's to late.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Thanks for the post, KDS.

We'll have tickets available for a few days, but the headcount for the caterer needs to be in today. We'll have a few door prizes and will be giving a custom cut BSOD duck call and Rolling Thunder Turkey call to one lucky person. Guns, decoys, calls, lots of gear will be auctioned off or raffled. Come out, have dinner with us and support the ducks.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Long story short, the original plan was the 9th, but conflicting schedules ended up changing that. St. Patty's day is Sunday and couple that with me not being a big drinker, it never occurred to us. We'd have sold double the tickets had this not been on St. Patty's day weekend. That was the number one reason people gave for not being able to attend.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
DTaylor said:
Long story short, the original plan was the 9th, but conflicting schedules ended up changing that. St. Patty's day is Sunday and couple that with me not being a big drinker, it never occurred to us. We'd have sold double the tickets had this not been on St. Patty's day weekend. That was the number one reason people gave for not being able to attend.
Kinda what I figured. St Patty's day is one of those weird holidays. People either LOVE it, or pay no attention to it. My friends and I have almost always done something for SPD. Our buddy's son's B-Day is this weekend & he'll be at the bar with us at 9AM (the friend, not the kid)!!! Kid will be there when he's old enough to climb on the bar stool by himself!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I quit drinking years ago, it doesn't fit with a 5 am alarm clock or waterfowl hunting. Didn't need the extra calories, either.

Final total went into the caterer and we'll have a nice crowd for our first banquet. I ordered a few extra dinners for late sales, but they won't last long.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.