The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a copy of a post I put up several years ago. I can not think of a better way to say this so I am just copying the old post. This time of year brings all the memories alive.

Please try to value the time spent outdoors with your friends and family. We so too often take for granted that things will always be as they currently are. Everything is for a limited amount of time and we have to remember to value the time we have.

I was very fortunate growing up with a Father who loved the outdoors and hunting and fishing in particular. He passed away on January 4th 2007 at the age of 84. The loss can not be put into words.

The thoughts and memories of him are constantly coming into my mind. Pop taking me squirrel hunting when I was barely old enough to hold a gun. The anticipation of the first day of small game hunting and walking the fields in pursuit of pheasants. Back then pheasants were still plentiful. The many years of going to our deer hunting cabin.

Pop was a great man and a terrific Father. I am forever thankful that I was fortunate enough to have all of the years that I did with him. He hunted and fished with me until he was 82 and his health started to fail him. I have a lifetime of memories and stories of our times together. The pain of losing him is unbearable at times but knowing that we had so many special times together reminds me of how fortunate I was.

Please stop every now and then in your busy and hectic day and think about what you have. Value all of your quality time spent outdoors. My times with my Father are but memories now but I had what many people never have the chance to experience. Don't let it pass by you and be sorry afterwards for what you may have missed.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
cmilesjr great post. I know the memories made with your Dad are treasured.I had the pleasure of hunting this past Monday with my dad,son,and son in law along with 3 cousins I hold dear.The roster from bear camp is being saved so we all can relive those memories. You are correct in saying we only have a limited time and also treasure and appreciate those times. Best of luck to you this season and I hope more memories are made.
Dave

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
My first trip to deer camp was in 1970. My dad was never a hunter, but he made arrangements with a buddy from work, and drove me halfway across the state in a snowstorm that night, so I could go deer hunting. This is year 39 for my deer hunting career, and I am so thankful that my dad did that for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts