The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s food police have struck again!

Outlawed are food donations to homeless shelters because the city can’t assess their salt, fat and fiber content, reports CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer.

Glenn Richter arrived at a West Side synagogue on Monday to collect surplus bagels — fresh nutritious bagels — to donate to the poor. However, under a new edict from Bloomberg’s food police he can no longer donate the food to city homeless shelters.

It’s the “no bagels for you” edict.

“I can’t give you something that’s a supplement to the food you already have? Sorry that’s wrong,” Richter said.

Richter has been collecting food from places like the Ohav Zedek synagogue and bringing it to homeless shelters for more than 20 years, but recently his donation, including a “cholent” or carrot stew, was turned away because the Bloomberg administration wants to monitor the salt, fat and fiber eaten by the homeless.

Richter said he was stunned. He said his family has eaten the same food forever and flourished.

“My father lived to 97; my grandfather lived to 97, and they all enjoyed it and somehow we’re being told that this is no good and I think there is a degree of management that becomes micromanagement and when you cross that line simply what you’re doing is wrong,” Richter said.
But Mayor Bloomberg, a salt-aholic himself, was unapologetic.

“For the things that we run because of all sorts of safety reasons, we just have a policy it is my understanding of not taking donations,” Bloomberg said.

Told that his administration recently enacted the policy, the mayor was Grinch-like.

“If they did in the past they shouldn’t have done it and we shouldn’t have accepted it,” Bloomberg said.

Richter said that over the years he’s delivered more than two tons of food to the homeless. He said Mayor Bloomberg is eating away at his ability to do good.

The ban on food donations was made by an inter-agency task force that includes the departments of Health and Homeless Services.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/03/19/b...o-the-homeless/

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Bloomburg is a moronic dictator wannabe, he knows what is best for the masses. He would rather see you starve than eat something that he hasn't approved.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Coming to a neighborhood near you, government food police.

To go along with a panel that deceides if you can get that lifesaving operation or not.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
They're already in everyones neighborhood. They're in every school. Soon you won't have choices. They'll make all your decisions for you.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
I feel sorry for those folks who are suffering due to the storm but I've got to sit back and laugh once again at the hypocrisy of the left.

They raked Bush up once side and down the other, claiming that it was all the inept republicans' fault that people were dying and things were destroyed.

Now we flash forward to today when they are in charge and the same thing is happening once again and nary a word from the loudmouth lefties.

The director of FEMA couldn't even answer simple questions during an interview when asked about the disaster. Signs were placed on FEMA outlets during the nor'easter that said "Closed Due To Weather". Gas is being rationed, over 400,000 people are still without power, garbage is piling up to epic proportions, sewers are backing up, etc. yet the media gives it a passing mention here and there. They must be too busy continuously wiping the drool off their faces from Obama Mania.

Really great example of how efficient government operates, no matter which party is running it...

·
Administrator
28,226 Posts
Yeah, but we're talking about two different FEMAs.
The one is the Evil george Bush FEMA, and the other is the FEMA of "bobo the good".
The inadequacies of the first FEMA can never be forgiven.
No fault can be found in the response by the second FEMA.

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What in the world are you talking about? No where in the thread or the link has FEMA been mentioned.

TraskOutdoors said:
I feel sorry for those folks who are suffering due to the storm but I've got to sit back and laugh once again at the hypocrisy of the left.

They raked Bush up once side and down the other, claiming that it was all the inept republicans' fault that people were dying and things were destroyed.

Now we flash forward to today when they are in charge and the same thing is happening once again and nary a word from the loudmouth lefties.

The director of FEMA couldn't even answer simple questions during an interview when asked about the disaster. Signs were placed on FEMA outlets during the nor'easter that said "Closed Due To Weather". Gas is being rationed, over 400,000 people are still without power, garbage is piling up to epic proportions, sewers are backing up, etc. yet the media gives it a passing mention here and there. They must be too busy continuously wiping the drool off their faces from Obama Mania.

Really great example of how efficient government operates, no matter which party is running it...
It reminds me of something along these lines I read recently:
Some in these forums love to drop into different threads and tell us all how they are the smartest person in the room. The arrogance is stifling.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
This is a thread about the aftermath of the storm, no?

It is also about Bloomberg and big government stopping people from feeding the homeless after the disaster, no?

So how in the world is interjecting another piece of the puzzle, the failure and ineptitude of the government agency FEMA, so WAY out of line with this thread?

I considered starting another thread to discuss it but figured here would be a good place. Excuse the heck out of me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts