The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking of doing something in the for sale forums.something in line with a silent auction for donated items. if someone had an item they would like to donate could send one of us the pics.we could list each item as a sticky post and would have a start date and finish date.bidders send bids via pm to one of us.high bidder to be contacted via pm or email or annonced on the post.was thinking 2 or 3 times a month and once a year give money to good causes.

what do guys think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,357 Posts
why not a live running auction right in the post? that way you don't get 100 PMs for the same item and people will know what the current bid is? No point getting 50 PMs bidding 10 bucks when the high bid is 20?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,357 Posts
also, should have added, GREAT IDEA in my opinion, just need to decide on the list of worthy causes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,683 Posts
I like that idea Bill. Maybe get a seperate forum set up just for that. HPA quarterly auction. If we set up the causes the money will go to, we also might be able to have items donated to us from advertisers as well as regular members.

I remember marketing the Cancer Auctions here in Cburg. People would donate an item, we would go pick it up, compile a list and then run the auction. It was a silent auction but it worked very well.

If we get enough participation in this, we could "present" one of those fake checks to the causes. It would generate positive publicity for HPA as well as support those causes that are important.

Maybe set it up with like 85% goes to the causes or charities and the other 15% goes to HPA for funding events, supplies for events and such? Sorry, thinking too far ahead.

Great Idea Bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,937 Posts
Maybe set it up with like 85% goes to the causes or charities and the other 15% goes to HPA for funding events, supplies for events and such? Sorry, thinking too far ahead.

I think this is a great idea
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the responses guys.
live auctions? deadline dates?
causes:
hunt of a lifetime
nwtf
pheasants forever
families of our fallen members of hpa

just about any good causes we can think of

winning bidders pay for shipping or can pick up.
15% is more then fair for administration cost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,357 Posts
let's not forget:
JDRF
Susan Komen Race for the Cure (or any other for breast cancer)

why don't we try to come up with at least 12 and set each one charity per month to receive the money?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
I'm president of huinting dreams for kids, we take terminally ill and disabled children on hunting/fishing trips. I was going to post something earlier and see if anyone was willing to help, or make donations in any way.

We are also looking for someone to design us a web page, so if anyone knows a webmaster who would be willing to donate his/her time please let me know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,357 Posts
hey gonehuntin08, you guys able to pay for the webhosting and the actual domain name? That usually runs around $100 per year combined for the middle road bandwidth. If so, my cousin and I might be able to help you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,357 Posts
PM me some contact info for you, WE ARE IN! Need to talk to you about specifics, colors, designs, logos, etc etc etc......!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,882 Posts
I like it. There are always members on here that need some help and if we can send some money or buy what is needed for them or help a kid with expenses to start hunting that would be great
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,683 Posts
Wounded Warriors is a great charity, as well as Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Also, the 15% isnt set in stone. 15% to 20% would be a good starting point though. It isnt going to be for profit so to speak, but to enable us as reps to go forward and promote the site with event items, event rentals and such.

The more we promote, the more we can give back to communites as an organization.

It looks like Spidey and his cousin have the website covered, but if you guys need anything, let me know.

Walt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,882 Posts
Maybe some of us who have camps can donate a weekend get away to be auctioned off gonehunting, maybe we can donate a weekend to your cause. My camp is always open for kids to use.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,683 Posts
That is a great offer Dean.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
we can start any time.need to get a mod involved so we can make a sticky post. thanks guys for ideas. please keep them coming.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
deadon4 said:
gonehunting, maybe we can donate a weekend to your cause. My camp is always open for kids to use.
That would be great, we are just getting off the ground in this area so need all the help we can get. We have our first hog hunt in about 3 weeks, thanx to North Mountain Outfitters. Rooster we will be having the press there, so well will be giving a shout out to HPA and the awesome members here.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top