The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
timberdoodle said:

Your long overdue to get back in the game! Hey... that area you told me about the Chestnut trees has some decent grouse hunting. It's time you give them bunnies a rest anyway.

·
Registered
24,980 Posts
I got back in the game this year Dan, hunting SGL 123 had a pack of beagles walk a hen pheasant for 3/4 of a mile before it set still long enough for me to get my fine double 410 pointed through the briars....

The bird would have gotten a pass from me but my partner had a hankering for a pheasant.... It was probably a wild bird as there hadn't been any released for at least several days...

But enough of me and my incredibly fantastic bird dogs...Did ya find the chestnuts? and yes, I have on occasion noticed that there may be a grouse in that particular area

NOTE: Nothing of a grouse sighting should be inferred by the above.... so all you internet scouters just go along to your next scouting adventure

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I haven't been to the trees Tom,every time Im in the area I have ten things to due. But I know right where their at.

Yep, wild bird for sure! I'm surprized it let you and them beagles get that close.

·
Banned
994 Posts
timberdoodle said:
I got back in the game this year Dan, hunting SGL 123 had a pack of beagles walk a hen pheasant for 3/4 of a mile before it set still long enough for me to get my fine double 410 pointed through the briars....
Didn't you recently frown upon me shooting a grouse on the ground?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts