The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran the dogs today for the first time in almost two weeks. They got on some scent pretty quickly but they were not able to produce anything. After working down a path they finially locked up.

I wish I had my better camera with me because there was a group of 15 quail sitting tight in the briars in circle formation. I got a couple more pictures before the birds walked away and then flushed.

These quail have been on their own for several months and seem to be doing well. I'm glad I was able to get out for a bit today.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
That is awsome! Just when I thought the northern bobwhite was pretty much extinct in PA, your pointers found some. Hopefully they can make it through winter and evade predators to breed this spring.

On another note, I see you didn't get any snow yesterday, We got about 4 inches here and 2 inches in Bedford County, the sun was out this morning now it's snowing again and calling for 3 to 6 here in the mountains by tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No snow yesterday but we may get an inch tonight. The snow doesn't last too long down here. I'm not too far from the MD line so our winters are not as bad as the northern part of PA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts