The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Not tryin' to steal any secrets here, but was that on public or private land? I always figured there had to be rabbits down your way. Wish I could get some rabbits in the coat.. I guess I'll just have to try harder tomorrow!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
psychobeagle12 said:
Not tryin' to steal any secrets here, but was that on public or private land? I always figured there had to be rabbits down your way. Wish I could get some rabbits in the coat.. I guess I'll just have to try harder tomorrow!
Public ground. Coal company property. Wilmore / Berwind have opened all their land to public hunting.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
turkeyhunter94 said:
next to the big tree?
And a road...Haha.

Here's a little more info. 2C, Cambria County.

Wilmore and Berwind owns lots of acreage in Cambria and Somerset Counties. Much of this land will have signs stating that it is open to public hunting and patrolled by the Pennsylvania Game Commission. I believe you can find this info online through the Cambria County Government page.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Being from Johnstown I am fairly familiar with Berwind coal, but I can't for the life of me figure out where their property has been opened up. Hmmm, I guess I'll have to do some digging

1 - 16 of 16 Posts