The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Thanks guys. Poor Lacy is trying to figure out where her buddy is. That's hard to watch. My wife is devastated. Taffy was her dog through and through. But she's dealing with her grief by paying a lot of extra attention to Lacy. I guess that's a good thing for them both. When we got a second dog, I didn't really think about the implications when one died and the other was left. But hard as it is, the dogs were good together and good for each other.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I have gone through the same thing. When I lost my previous setter, his buddy my wife's Scotty looked for him for weeks and actually went into kind of a depression and wasn't quite the same until we got another setter pup. Dogs have a lot more going on inside their heads than humans give them credit for, they do grieve, show sadness and happiness.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I saw this thread a long time ago, and hoped I would never have to add to it. Yesterday was the day that I had to put my best buddy of the last 11 years down. In the last week and a half Tank went from being perfectly fine to barely being able to walk, see and eat. The vet said it was neurological, probably a brain tumor. I knew it was time when he wouldn’t even eat a treat, and just had an empty look on his face. love you buddy, you were the best.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Unfortunately tomorrow at 4:00 pm after fourteen years Maggie May will no longer be with us. In spite of our and the Vet's best efforts the decision had to be made. She is in constant pain and can barely use her hind legs so its time.
Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Well, it was that time for us again recently. She'd been with us since '04 but we got her used so we really aren't sure how old she was. Unknown linage, but a hunter/killer like I've never seen. Coons, groundhogs, non approved cats, snakes, possums, even large insects. As people friendly as she was fierce towards anything else, she was a joy and I miss her dearly.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts