The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had last week off to archery hunt and had the largest buck that I have ever seen come in to 35 yards . This buck was the "target" buck from my trail camera . As I watched him approach from the thicket to broadside in front of my stand all he had to do was take three more steps to be in the shooting lane . Nerves were calmed and just as the bow was about to be drawn I saw movement on the bench below the buck . A yellow labrador retriever was trotting through the woods nose to the ground . The buck went on high alert and in short order bounded out of range and out of the danger zone. Game over for me ,but at least I was able to see the buck that has eluded me for the last 4 years . Hope to meet him again with a better result . I sure wish pet owners would be more responsible !

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Four years? Holy smokes can we see pics? Sorry about your luck. I was on a bean field this year. A buck stepped out then some trespassers walk past with two dogs. I waved and they didn't change their behavior. Needless to say the buck spooked.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I had a guy and his yellow lab walk passed me on sat 30 mins later my buck and another 8 came and walked the same path he did.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i Hate trespassers!! especially here in 2b they think that any land left is theirs to do as they please. well there would have been alot more land if you hadnt plowed it all under to build you stupid houses now stay off our land

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DL , I will try to dig the trailcam photos up . A dandy for sure and still safe ! The fellow that I hunt with keeps the bucks in a file and this stud of a buck has been eluding us that long .
http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthrea...937#Post2768937
Here is a link from the summer . Keep in mind that this is the biggest buck that I have had an encounter with while archery hunting . Quite a thrill , even though an arrow did not fly !Yes I know that most have seen bigger ones , but this is as good as has gotten for me. Thanks, doggie !!!

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
gmax228 said:
i Hate trespassers!! especially here in 2b they think that any land left is theirs to do as they please. well there would have been alot more land if you hadnt plowed it all under to build you stupid houses now stay off our land
I suppose your house is on stilts with the Monongahela River running beneath it?

·
Registered
211 Posts
had the same dang thing happen to me last season but was a cat that spooked him

·
Registered
163 Posts
GIE said:
gmax228 said:
i Hate trespassers!! especially here in 2b they think that any land left is theirs to do as they please. well there would have been alot more land if you hadnt plowed it all under to build you stupid houses now stay the [censored] off our land
I suppose your house is on stilts with the Monongahela River running beneath it?
yes yes it is how did you know? are you spying on me?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts