The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check the following link:
If you scroll down to the accu-mag chokes, you'll see the X-full choke says steel only. I just aquired this shotgun and was alway under the impression that lead was safe to shoot through pretty much any tube, and that steel was what you had to worry about. Its even printed on the tube "Steel, and the sizes"
Make any sense to you?
http://www.maverickarms.com/pages/choketubes.htm

·
Registered
12,195 Posts
I am with you, I do not understand why this is. It makes my head hurt and almost appears to be a misprint. It just does not compute - at least it doesn't in my brain housing group.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
I think what is being shown is that it would only be a X-Full with Steel Shot, which does not compress and conform as does lead.

The second column is the choke diameter, or constriction.

Notice how tight the <span style="color: #FF0000">Lead Only </span>Ulti-Full is (.695")

No way you could get steel through that. The one labeled STEEL ONLY is a .715" diameter, which is X-Full for Steel, but would not be as tight as the Ulti-full listed for lead.

Yes, it is poorly labeled, and should have been labeled as the max choke for Steel. You could certainly shoot lead through it.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, it wasn't registering in my brain housing group either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts