The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people in my thread are saying it dosnt matter because I'm hunting so I can use a single projectile when trapping because of the game commission laws is that true?

Township law

[Adopted 10-7-1955 by Ord. No. 64]

§ 107-1. Discharge of firearms or single-projectile weapons prohibited.

[Amended 12-7-1962 by Ord. No. 91; 9-17-1990 by Ord. No. 301; 10-5-1992 by Ord. No. 316A]
No person shall discharge or cause to be discharged or permit to be discharged a rifle, handgun, pellet gun or other mechanism which propels a single projectile with force capable of inflicting bodily harm at any time within the borders of Upper Providence Township.
§ 107-2. Exceptions.

Nothing contained in this article shall be construed to prevent the legitimate use of firearms by police officers or trap- or skeet shooting where shotguns are used and where, from the point of discharge, there is a clear semicircular range in the direction of fire of not less than 800 feet.

§ 107-3. Seizure of firearms.

The discharge or the causing to be discharged or the permitting to be discharged of any firearms, air gun, weapons or other devices or mechanisms which propel a projectile with force contrary to the provisions of §§ 107-1 and 107-2 of this article are hereby declared to be public or common nuisances dangerous to life, limb and property and may be summarily abated by any police officer of the township by confiscating the same. Each abatement may be in addition to fines and penalties hereinafter provided for.

§ 107-4. Violations and penalties.

[Amended 9-17-1990 by Ord. No. 301]
Any person violating any of the provisions of this article shall forfeit and pay a fine or penalty of not more than $1,000 plus costs of prosecution and, in default of the payment of such fine and costs, shall be liable to be imprisoned for not more than 30 days.

Can a forum admin move my thread to the right section.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
You are fine just as posted in your other thread....state law trumps township law...the township cannot enforce such laws so long as you are lawfully hunting or trapping....

Target shoot with a single projectile and they may have a case...

Print out out North Hampton V. Duff...keep it in the truck incase someone gives you a hard time...heck if you are so worried as to make a 2nd.post on it, talk to.a.lawyer and discuss it if you want...just make sure they know about north hampton v. Duff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts