The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the proccess of mounting 3 scopes on 3 savages. I noticed on a couple it looks like the shell may contact the turrent of the scope on ejection. My question is does it really matter? I can't imagine something like that throwing the scope off especially after all that shock from recoil, but then again, I've been wrong before.

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
It should not matter. Scopes should be capable of taking a lot more abuse than an ejected case clanging into it.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
uncysid said:
I'm in the proccess of mounting 3 scopes on 3 savages. I noticed on a couple it looks like the shell may contact the turrent of the scope on ejection. My question is does it really matter? I can't imagine something like that throwing the scope off especially after all that shock from recoil, but then again, I've been wrong before.
Are you asking about a 10/110 BA? If so, you have nothing to worry about unless the turret sticks out past the port about 4".

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a 111, a 10, and a edge and yes all are bolt actions

·
Registered
889 Posts
I assume you mean the empty casing is hitting the turret when you are ejecting out an empty case after firing. If it were mine I would readjust the scope. I would not want the casing hitting my scope. It will wear on the caps. Eventually. Tom.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
They'll clear with room to spare. Trust me, I own 18 of them.

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts