The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i got a good recipe for venison backstraps..but i dont have any venison backstraps, just need enough to feed 2 people if anyone in a 25-30 mile radius of scranton area willing to hook it up ill pay and drive to pick it up..

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I hope you are not offering to buy venison because if you are you have placed yourself in a position to be arrested!

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
John S said:
I hope you are not offering to buy venison because if you are you have placed yourself in a position to be arrested!
Seeing he wants to pay for it...maybe he should UM, Check with a Deer Farm!!....

hey, here is 1 that isnt to far of a days drive from Scranton..... http://www.shafferfarms.com/index.html

Google "Deer Farms in Pennsylvania" and there is a bunch that come up that can legally sell deer meat...

I've had folks ask me to sell them deer meat.. I tell them
1- it is Illegal for me to sell it to you..

then they ask me to Give it to them...
with that i tell them

2- Learn to Hunt, Hunt WHERE there are Deer, you wil have all the deer meat you can eat...

And like this poster...they always want the BEST Cuts of meat!!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I would give you one if you were closer just based on your Logon name...you were probably at war when the season was in. Thank you for your service. I am near Harrisburg area if you wanna make the drive.
Willy

Read your profile..lmao. Years hunting: Hunting Deer (6), Haji (3)

WWD..generally if ANYONE asks me for deer meat, I get em some burger or something. Most people who ask are not hunters. Those who are hunters, are my friends and still get some.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
If you lived close to me I would gladly hook you up with more than enough for two people. Sorry I can't help you out.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
AbramsGunnerC12 said:
hey, i got a good recipe for venison backstraps..but i dont have any venison backstraps, just need enough to feed 2 people if anyone in a 25-30 mile radius of scranton area willing to hook it up ill pay and drive to pick it up..
AGc12,
I'm willing to help you out with a Venison Meal. I'm not too far away.

Send me a PM.. I'm sure I can offer you a FREE DONATION of some Venison from my freezer!

·
Registered
974 Posts
John S said:

Oh my lordy would you lighten up alittle! Everything everyone post you have a legal issue on!

Bud if I lived closer I would gladly give ya some! and buy the way even though I wouldn't exept it, it is a kind thing to offer to pay for what you ask for!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Are you going to share the recipe with us? At least share it with the person that gives you the meat.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
JD3 said:
Are you going to share the recipe with us? At least share it with the person that gives you the meat.
I was going to say the same thing in my post but I guess I forgot.

Why don't you post this awesome back strap recipe in the recipe forum so we can give it a try.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
AG12 let me know if you want some venison sausage. I have plenty and you are welcome to some.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
The man was probably busy...
SERVING his country.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Could you not just send him a pm,explaining who you are and that his offer to buy venison is illegal!!!!!
Nah,that would be to simple,you just had to to do it this way and flex your muscles!!!!!!
Anouther great welcome to HPA from you!!!!!
Oh well,and some people wonder why I do not post or reply anymore!!!!!

·
Registered
7,133 Posts
John S said:
Seems a lot of people are upset that someone stated the law? I see no harm in that, in fact I applaud it. If it wasn't posted publicly then how would others reading know? Maybe the tone was harsh for some of you but the world is harsh, we have to get used to it.

On a separate note, thank you for serving the country sir. I have a little meat left (nothing good - just chops, burger, bologna) if you are interested in any I would be happy to give you some.

keystonemanputyourflamethrowersawayMAN85

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Not with stating the law-but with how it was stated-there is such a thing as Tact,used wisely it is a` great tool!!!

·
Administrator
30,250 Posts
I'm allowed to sell the venison in my freezer

In fact I may have to give some away before we pack out.

I also see no problem with John S pointing out the laws of PA. Might just be that the OP didn't realize it wasn't legal.

P.S. Where is the recipe? I have some backstraps just looking for a new way to be eaten

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
zemenar12 said:
Not with stating the law-but with how it was stated-there is such a thing as Tact,used wisely it is a` great tool!!!
Ditto! Coming on and saying "Just to let you know, buying venison from an individual is illegal" Is a whole lot different than being a smart [censored] about it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts