The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
Parker Tornado , Remington 700 LSS 260 Rem. Browning Citori 12ga.
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I applied for a doe. Today I got a email saying this is your DIGITAL tag. Does that mean I won’t be getting the yellow tag that I sent in with pink envelope? I had a group of three hunters but I was the only to get an email.

thanks
NR

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Ok. I applied for a doe. Today I got a email saying this is your DIGITAL tag. Does that mean I won’t be getting the yellow tag that I sent in with pink envelope? I had a group of three hunters but I was the only to get an email.

thanks
NR
No, the email says digital LICENSE, and goes on to say carcass tags where required will be mailed separately. You’ll get the tags (green now) in your pink envelope mailed back to you.
And for those that haven’t seen the emailed receipts, I’m including a screenshot (but not the license copy because I don’t feel like blurring all the info out). But the license copy looks identical to the bottom half of what you get in the mail.
Font Parallel Document Number Screenshot

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just got my first doe tag in the mail today.
I got my confirmation email a little over 3 weeks ago.

So thanks Lawrence county treasurer's office for being hasty.

·
Registered
12,736 Posts

thanks
NR
The tags and the license have been green for two years. If you have a lifetime license you need to apply/update it each year to get new tags.

Reactions: ruger300

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Funny how it’s ok to complain about not getting your general license in 10 days, but not about it taking 3.5 weeks or longer to get a doe tag mailed.
There is a few reasons for that. When your told 7-10 business days to get your license, most folks expect to receive them in the mail in that time. That is just human nature. Folks worry they won't get their digest, pink envelopes, and their doe app in time for the first round of antlerless license. Not everyone has a printer in their homes to print off the app off their computer or keep a stash of the pink envelopes from the year before. Then you have to factor in that if you dont have your license yet then you have to drive somewhere that sells licenses and hope they actually have digest and envelopes. Saw many sites where people were complaining where many stores were completely out of both. And there is no rush, unless your in the SRA, to get your doe tag in the mail as most of us cant use it until October anyway. If you were awarded, be patient it will get there. This year is the earliest i got my first round in the mail, normally first week of september is when i get my tags in the mail.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
There is a few reasons for that. When your told 7-10 business days to get your license, most folks expect to receive them in the mail in that time. That is just human nature. Folks worry they won't get their digest, pink envelopes, and their doe app in time for the first round of antlerless license. Not everyone has a printer in their homes to print off the app off their computer or keep a stash of the pink envelopes from the year before. Then you have to factor in that if you dont have your license yet then you have to drive somewhere that sells licenses and hope they actually have digest and envelopes. Saw many sites where people were complaining where many stores were completely out of both. And there is no rush, unless your in the SRA, to get your doe tag in the mail as most of us cant use it until October anyway. If you were awarded, be patient it will get there. This year is the earliest i got my first round in the mail, normally first week of september is when i get my tags in the mail.
Oh I get the whole “don’t need it right away” like some do for apps and envelopes…..BUT
It’s rather amusing that the entire reason for “needing” that general license right now is BECAUSE of the pink envelope process itself…. And then it’s suddenly ok for a clerk to sit with crates of ready-to-mail return envelopes for weeks rather than drop them off each day or hand them over if a driver drops off mail each day, or twice a week, or even at the end of each week.
The double-standard is glaring.
One process gets critique for being a crapshoot on delivery in time to initiate a second process that gets excused on its processing and delivery times, while the criticism of the first process would largely evaporate overnight if the second process was eliminated.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Hunters/shooters need the current years license now if they want to use a PGC range or want to hunt. A antlerless licenses cant be used until seasons open, which is still weeks away. Seems like some people just like to complain about irrelevant nonsense.

Good luck, Tony
The digital copy provided at checkout suffices for range use.
Thus that’s “irrelevant”.
The only thing they “need” from that packet before archery opens is the pink envelopes and apps if they’re not inclined to pick up envelopes and digests elsewhere.

·
Super Moderator
15,231 Posts
Funny how it’s ok to complain about not getting your general license in 10 days, but not about it taking 3.5 weeks or longer to get a doe tag mailed.
Did you ever notice that your hunting license year runs from July 1 - June 30?

So, if you order your license on line on the first day they are available and it doesn't arrive before the end of June you can't legally hunt groundhog or coyotes. Nor can you legally shoot on a Game Commission range.

All of those activities require you to not only have but to produce a valid hunting license on demand of an officer. Would they cite a person for not having it in their possession if it had been issued and simply hadn't arrived yet? Probably not. But, that is beside the point of the person actually being in violation by not having it in their possession.

No one needs to have their hunting license in hand to send for their antlerless license so that isn't even on the board as a reason I would be concerned about it not arriving in 10 days or even in a month. But, if you bought it on the first day of sales and it hasn't arrived by the end of the license year the system failed and it is certainly time to make a call to find out why and determine if their is a problem that needs to be addressed and corrected.

But, no one can used an antlerless license until at least the middle of September so there is no reason for anyone to be even slightly concerned about not having it in hand until at least the beginning of September. As long as it was awarded, which anyone can find out by checking their license purchase history, there is not further reason to be concerned as long as it arrives before the antlerless season opens.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Did you ever notice that your hunting license year runs from July 1 - June 30?

So, if you order your license on line on the first day they are available and it doesn't arrive before the end of June you can't legally hunt groundhog or coyotes. Nor can you legally shoot on a Game Commission range.

All of those activities require you to not only have but to produce a valid hunting license on demand of an officer. Would they cite a person for not having it in their possession if it had been issued and simply hadn't arrived yet? Probably not. But, that is beside the point of the person actually being in violation by not having it in their possession.

No one needs to have their hunting license in hand to send for their antlerless license so that isn't even on the board as a reason I would be concerned about it not arriving in 10 days or even in a month. But, if you bought it on the first day of sales and it hasn't arrived by the end of the license year the system failed and it is certainly time to make a call to find out why and determine if their is a problem that needs to be addressed and corrected.

But, no one can used an antlerless license until at least the middle of September so there is no reason for anyone to be even slightly concerned about not having it in hand until at least the beginning of September. As long as it was awarded, which anyone can find out by checking their license purchase history, there is not further reason to be concerned as long as it arrives before the antlerless season opens.

Dick Bodenhorn
You’re leaving out the fact that the digital copy of the license provided at checkout it valid for range use and all hunting that doesn’t require a carcass tag… intentionally I presume, you of all people should know that.
There’s absolutely no reason to need an online ordered license prior to the start of the deer seasons except for those “needing” it to apply for doe tags if one doesn’t want to print an application themselves or grab a digest copy and envelopes from retail (if they don’t have a stockpile on hand.)
Thus if the pink envelope process went away or alternatives provided, there would be ZERO need at to worry about the delivery time of the general license at all (except of course the ever shrinking minority of technophobic hold outs, but they by and large don’t participate in the online options anyway.)

1 - 20 of 82 Posts